Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Llangollen in N

Enniscorthyman has posted a nice video of Llangollen in N here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU8MSwOJycw

Very enjoyable watching the N
    Gauge stock.Great detail for the size
    of them.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

GWR Railcars for Llangollen (and Cynwyd)

Just completed adding new DC chassis - GreenMax 18M (from http://www.wellingtonmodels.com/index.php/6/) to two GWR Railcar bodies kindly given to me as gifts by David Heath and Sean Ryan. I converted one into an "Express Parcels" railcar with GWR crest logo No 34 by attaching vinyl overlays from Electra Railway Graphics (see http://www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk/ under Heritage Range). The other I retained as railcar No 19 with GWR round "art deco" logos. Models shown here posing on Ballybeg with their bigger "OO" DCC cousin from Shunters Yard!

Name:  DSCF1248.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  121.9 KBName:  DSCF1246.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  123.4 KBName:  DSCF1249.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  116.1 KB
    Last edited by Irishrailwayman; 14-10-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Llangollen in N to make its UK Exhibition debut in May

Llangollen in N is scheduled to appear at the Bala Model Railway Exhibition on May 27th/28th 2017. I am delighted to have the opportunity to show the layout at the site of the original Ruabon to Barmouth line and not many miles from the restored sections from Llangollen/Corwen and Llanuwchllyn/Bala Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Best of luck at the show.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

Great looking layout Gerry, looking foward to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrailwayman View Post
    Very nice. I particularly like wonderful scene above.

Thanks Guys, I will be showing my new N-gauge Cynwyd (prototype on the Llangollen line) and Shunters Yard (compact OO GWR) at the Wexford Easter Exhibition.

Great work, The footbridge at Llangollen has always fascinated me. Quite often stop of there when I visit the UK. Looking forward to seeing your layouts at Wexford. I will be there with my Campbell Riverside layout.

Regards

John

I have received the following information from David Jones who is organising the 2017 Bala Exhibition in North-east Wales:

Rail Gala & Model Railway Exhibition Sat 27th May (10:30 to 17:00) & Sun 28th May (10:30 to 16:00) 2017; Admission Adults 4, Concessions 3
    Venue: Ysgol Y Berwyn Secondary School, on the A4212, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7RU

A free vintage shuttle bus will be available to/from Bala to the 9 mile narrow gauge steam railway to Llanuwchllyn. Under separate organisers there is a Festival of Transport there also (vintage vehicles etc separate entrance fee applies). So park either end of the railway, ride the steam train by the lake between each venue for a great family/enthusiasts' day out!

Layouts Attending:

Llangollen in N gauge (yours truly travelling from Ireland)

Two Bridges "OO"

Plas Edwards Shed compact "O" gauge

Cwmbach "P4"

Haland "OO"

Trix Twin Mk4 "hO"

Cobra Canyon "N"

Krimhorn "OO9"

Triang Big Big Train

Walt's Playmobile

Underhill Town "OO9"

Altbahn "HO"

Traders etc