Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: IRM Bubble goes on sale

True but I thought the combo unusual all the same. More clean bubbles...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/johann...126963382@N07/
    "Where Seventeen Railroads Meet the Sea"

How's the production of "The Bubbles" going lads??

Quote Originally Posted by NIRCLASS80 View Post
    How's the production of "The Bubbles" going lads??
    Amazing timing Gareth, we'll actually have an update for the bubbles that we will be putting live tomorrow, so watch this space!
    Railway videos, both real and model http://www.youtube.com/user/franburke

My Fledging Flickr Account (With More Irish Pics Than You Would Expect!)

Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Amazing timing Gareth, we'll actually have an update for the bubbles that we will be putting live tomorrow, so watch this space!
    Ping?

Excellent.
    ENNISCORTHYMAN

Name:  Pack A.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  44.9 KB

Name:  Pack B (1).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  44.2 KB

Name:  Pack C.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  Pack D (1).jpg
Views: 247
Size:  43.6 KB

While our ballast wagons have been hogging most of the limelight in recent weeks, we have been working away on the cement bubbles in the background. We have just finished specifying the livery graphic details for our factory in China which you can see above.

Also, we were not too happy with some of the detailing on the Bubble and the pre-production model showed us that some alternations needed to be made. Our in-house design team has now completed this work and it has been passed onto our factory.

This has resulted in the bubbles slipping back to a late September 2017 delivery. However, after the standard we have set with the ballast wagons, we felt it’s vital that you get the very best 4mm scale model of the most iconic of Irish wagons.

Sales of the bubbles has also been swift, so make sure you secure yours today!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbonnet View Post
    Also, we were not too happy with some of the detailing on the Bubble and the pre-production model showed us that some alternations needed to be made. Our in-house design team has now completed this work and it has been passed onto our factory.

This has resulted in the bubbles slipping back to a late September 2017 delivery. However, after the standard we have set with the ballast wagons, we felt it’s vital that you get the very best 4mm scale model of the most iconic of Irish wagons.
    Just to add to what Fran has said: some detailing has been refined but we've also added some more eye candy, too.

Good news chaps. If a short delay means a top end product, then that's a good compromise for everyone. I actually prefer the CIE Bulk Cement finish myself looking at those graphics.

Rich,

Thanks for the update, better right than rushed, gives us more time to save for an extra set or two!

Cheers men. Better right than rushed is definitely the name of the game Gareth. As Patrick says, there is additional details lacking on the pre-production models that will be added too!