Thread: Ballyglunin/Castletown

Ballyglunin/Castletown

It is proposed to build a model of the famous Ballyglunin/Castletown station from the film, The Quiet Man
    It will be built by members of the MRSI in their Dorset St clubrooms
    We then propose to donate it to the committee of the Ballyglunin Railway Restoration Project to be displayed at their fund raising events etc
    So I am on the scrounge!
    Already a good friend from this parish has offered to donate all the transfers we need and indeed any other small bits that may be required. Thank you Des!
    Has anyone made or converted a D17 loco #59?
    This will be our toughest item to acquire and we would really appreciate any help in sourcing one
    If anyone feels that they would like to be associated with this project through donating items that may be of interest or indeed dirty wads of cash please drop me a PM and I will be delighted to talk to you about the project

Some more pics here:
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=&tbm=...h=768&dpr=1.25
    Last edited by WRENNEIRE; 5 Days Ago at 01:32 PM.

I inhabit the parallel world, wherein lie gryphons, dwarves, changelings and railway enthusiasts.
    Excellent project.
    “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support”

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Stone is "16" coursed, close jointed random rubble stone, with a dash of the wrong shade of green. :P

IRM will be assisting on this very worthy project, so I'd encourage anyone who has a passion for active preservation for both the rolling stock and architecture efforts to do as live aid 1984 said - give what you can.

(Now, Geldof is a gob*****, but the lads in Ballyglunin need a hand, we can ape the things the RPSI were doing in 1964..., hon lads, get movin.....)
    Last edited by Glenderg; 1 Day Ago at 02:35 AM.
    Irish Railway Models Ltd | The next level in Irish railway modelling
    Finely detailed ready-to-run models in 4mm/OO scale
    www.irishrailwaymodels.com

This could be made into a fair representation of the Montbretia.

http://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.u...-water-iris-oo
    My best work has been spread over many fields..