Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'kirley junction'.
Found 1 result
After living with a layout in the attic I took the plunge and started at ground level. I had wasted space at the side of my house and a local shed builder made me one to fit the space. It’s 16 x 16 x 9 x 16 which means it narrows at one end and has interesting angles on one side. After the shed was erected (just after Easter) I had to wire it, put in insulation and sheet it with plywood. The very awkward corner became the location for a helix as I wanted to use the under layout space for storage and the helix could get the trains to the upper level. Bench work was then built round the walls. I started to cut out track beds from plywood sheeting The wood frames stacked on their sides are for the middle section which I shall only erect when I have most of the construction work completed on the wall benches. The Clerk of Works is on guard at the door. Still “Cookie cutting” plywood for track beds Chaos seems to rule and I am running out of space to work, you have to move stuff to cut and the process seems endless. So that’s what has been keeping me busy for the last few months. No model making and I’m getting withdrawal symptoms. My consultant on this project is Anthony who continues to be a great help in the move to DCC as well at advice on the build in general -long may his patience last.