Murphy Models 201

Rate this topic

201bhoy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The 201s are in the shade because of all the attention being thrown at the new 071s ,

give people a chance to buy the one they want and not have the panic of being the first to have one.

The model is fantastic especally when compared with the original lima one or the kit from mir, remember the excitement when both of these came out,

Paddy has left us spoiled for choice and that is something that we would have not been able to dream of 15 years ago.

I posted this question in the 'photo' thread of the MM201 which was probably the wrong place so I'll try here :)

Got a new MM201 at the weekend but I notice that the wheels rub off the back of the coupling when going around even the 3rd radius (Hornby R609) curves when there are no coaches on - the couplings are spring loaded so are at their furthest back point without any load. Is this normal ? Overall its a fantastic model and I put the MM DCC chip into it also which is great. I know I should have bigger curves but limited space at the moment and lucky to be able to have this size!

I got #201 - second hand but never run so effectively new :

Here she is sitting with the rest of the fleet :) starting to expand but a long way to go to catch up with some folks on here !

BTW excuse the layout, its only temporary and actually sitting on what should be the dining room table! hence the lack of space to have bigger curves.

fleet.JPG

201_pic.JPG

fleet.JPG

201_pic.JPG

Guest hidden-agenda
He's good isn't he? :D

Wait till you see Anto,s weathered 201,s in the flesh they will blow you away.

Nice job Retro.

• 2 weeks later...