Murphy Models Class 141/181

Rate this topic

roryon

Hi Folks

Only just joined the Forum and new to model railways. Currently building a 9 x 4 layout and addiction has set in. Met some good folk at the recent Wexford MRC show over the bank holiday weekend

I've just got a new MM Class 201 (#203) and love the attn: to detail, slow running action, lights, everything. So I want to build up more Irish stock (currently have a pendolino which is a great runner and a flying scotsman)

Whats the main difference if any between the Class 141 and 181? Do any come with speakers fitted, are they all DCC Ready (which is what I want as im going the DCC Route), id intend using it for shunting hornby/bachmann wagons

Do they run particularly well with any specific wagons or coaches? Actually is there any coach that suits the 201 as its uncoupling some of my hornby wagons but admitedly this open happens on tight bends

Where's the best place to go for weathering, any ballpark prices for doing a 181?

Any comments appreciated

roryon