461 on tests today....

Rate this topic

irishrail123

well feck that! if i had known i would have been there with the camera, the wife and kids, the dog , 2 cats and the mother-in-law!!:((

any more test runs planned?

Tomorrow is a repet of today so you might wanna come down! leaving icore at 10:25 in portlaoise around 12:30 i think? not a 100% sure now

Excellent video , Heir flick do you have a model of 461 or is there some one else who has one?

That's the K2 Mogul that bachmann did years back.? Surely someone has it tarted up, nameplates added, and coloured correctly? I only swapped a greener for black one a fortnight ago, and was hoping someone else had a "do's and dont's" before i got stuck in. Anyone? R.

That's the K2 Mogul that bachmann did years back.? Surely someone has it tarted up, nameplates added, and coloured correctly? I only swapped a greener for black one a fortnight ago, and was hoping someone else had a "do's and dont's" before i got stuck in. Anyone? R.

The K2 Mogul Richie is nothing like 461 it would take a lot of work to make the Murphy model look like 461

Guest hidden-agenda
gareth. if only! unfortunately not. looked at doing a conversion from 'james the red engine', but its not a fesable runner. are you thinking of giving it a lash at producing one?

I would,nt have the time Seamus, i can just about keep up with what i am doing and i dont think i could do 461 the justice it deserves, may be Des will think about.

I would,nt have the time Seamus, i can just about keep up with what i am doing and i dont think i could do 461 the justice it deserves, may be Des will think about.

i think you would make a smashing model of her - im thinking of your sulzer - a real beauty. remember me when you do a rerun!

anyone game to make a resin body of 461 and use 'james's' undercarrage as chassis? i would definately take 2, one in battleship grey, the other in her current rpsi livery. perhaps its time to stick up a new thread on who would take one if someone was to take up the project...

new thread started on whos interested in the 'general chat' section.

Guest hidden-agenda
The cabinet needs a dusting too :)

To hell with the dust what else are you hiding? You could be shot at dawn for a despicable crime such as this. More pics and info please and dont get caught again.

..... i dont think i could do 461 the justice it deserves, may be Des will think about.

I think Des said a while ago that he was looking at designing kits for the D17 and D19 4-4-0s in the years ahead, but had no plans for any other steam classes.

Half the problem with trying to design any locomotive kit is - in the absence of a preserved example - whether the original GA drawings, etc. are still available and accessible.

Guest hidden-agenda
i think you would make a smashing model of her - im thinking of your sulzer - a real beauty. remember me when you do a rerun!

I admit i love building the things other people hav,nt built ( i will remember your name) and may-be i will get around to scratch building a steam loco at some stage and here,s the big question Seamus, can you pm me the wheel size and axle spaces of the donor loco including the pony wheels as i would dread to build the body and find the splashers dont match up with the wheels on the hornby chassis. Also does any one have a drawing for 461?

Guest hidden-agenda
if you want, i will buy the chassis and send it on and i'll be your first customer should you decide to do it! (theres confidence for you:))

No Seamus as it would be well into next year or after before i would look at it, i will wait and get measurements or a drawing to work it all out before i decide for sure.