Future projects

Rate this topic

David

Hi Guys,

The future projects more or less decided on are below. Feel free to debate. All models will be RTR and some will appear as kits.

Freight wagons(types still to be decided on)

22000 ICR

Park Royal

RPSI Steam loco(to be decided on which one)

Another railcar(either 2700 or 2800)

The initial freight stock will almost certainly be of the 4 wheel modern variety before I have the balls to venture into doing bogie freight but you never know.

Hopefully this discussion will help to prioritize the order of things to come. I'm still very open to persuasion lads!

2700 is a strong possibility. Whether or not I consider a mk4 or not will depend on the success of the De Dietrichs when you consider that there are an almost identical project from a design point of view. Have you any photos/drawings of those inspection cars?

The initial freight stock will almost certainly be of the 4 wheel modern variety before I have the balls to venture into doing bogie freight but you never know.

Hopefully this discussion will help to prioritize the order of things to come. I'm still very open to persuasion lads!

Dave I imagine you could utilize the chassis for the 4 wheel 20 foot wagons for cement, bagged cement, beet, ballast etc. A 22 foot 6 inch 12 foot wheel base wagon with outside w irons would be nice for 20 foot containers, Guiness kegs, weed spray train (older type) etc. A decent chassis for a 30t brake van would compliment the SSM kit.

If they are easily adaptable for 21mm then all the better. As much as I hate to say it (because they replaced my beloved Cravens) a 2700 would be nice for my layout and the period I am modelling.

Rich,

A rtr wagon would be lovely. I like passenger stock but freight is always more interesting IMHO.

Fran there is a seriously big gap in the market for freight models since MIR ceased production. I am certain that any model that Dave would produce would be a quality piece of work, judging by what he has already produced.

Rich,

• 11 months later...
Hi Guys,

The future projects more or less decided on are below. Feel free to debate. All models will be RTR and some will appear as kits.

Freight wagons(types still to be decided on)

22000 ICR

Park Royal

RPSI Steam loco(to be decided on which one)

Another railcar(either 2700 or 2800)

Well guys,a year on,lets update this future projects/wish list with what we are still yearning for.

I would still love to see bubbles first and foremost,but a pucker A and C class would really be top of the list.

An A class in Supertrain livery with working headlights and marker lights along with four Park royal coaches fitted with interior lighting would be top of my wish list,

As for some freight wagons then the bogie fertiliser wagons and the Ballina-Foynes coal and oil two axle wagons would also be great,

They would all look great behind the A class.

We have decided to proceed with the RPSI/DSER loco 461. The cement bubble is also being worked on at the moment. I expect development of 461 to take some time mainly due to having to complete orders for existing models. I've been asked many times about doing and A/C class loco and it looks more and more likely that we will do this after the 461 project.

Keep the suggestions coming. They are much appreciated and seriously considered!

We have decided to proceed with the RPSI/DSER loco 461. The cement bubble is also being worked on at the moment. I expect development of 461 to take some time mainly due to having to complete orders for existing models. I've been asked many times about doing and A/C class loco and it looks more and more likely that we will do this after the 461 project.

Keep the suggestions coming. They are much appreciated and seriously considered!

Fantastic news! Just wondering if the 461 kit will have the boiler pre rolled as per most UK brass steam kits?

The boiler will be a brass tube so no rolling required!

Perfect! Thanks for getting back to me Dave. Happy to help with some instructional writing if needs be.

If you do go down the road of A and C class in the distant future please please please go for a top notch drive system, ala like you did with the 2600s. No motor bogies ;)

Perfect! Thanks for getting back to me Dave. Happy to help with some instructional writing if needs be.

If you do go down the road of A and C class in the distant future please please please go for a top notch drive system, ala like you did with the 2600s. No motor bogies ;)

Cheers for the offer!

We'd probably design it to accept either a budget motor bogie chassis or a top end chassis depending on user's preference.

Would love to see what you guys come up with regarding the A-class. Whatever or when ever it comes about it'll be top drawer :tumbsup:

The A-class seems like a strange ommision from the Paddy Murphy stable!

My own personal request for a future project for D&M would be an ICR 22000. When I do get to do a bit of rail travel I always enjoy heading up to Dublin on the real thing. Here's what I'm thinking....

Resin cast nose mated to a brass etched body, all sitting on a Bachmann Virgin Voyager chassis. Available in 3 and 6 car sets.... What ya reckon? Do-able perhaps as a potential future project?

Tom.