Future projects

Rate this topic

David

Would love to see what you guys come up with regarding the A-class. Whatever or when ever it comes about it'll be top drawer :tumbsup:

The A-class seems like a strange ommision from the Paddy Murphy stable!

My own personal request for a future project for D&M would be an ICR 22000. When I do get to do a bit of rail travel I always enjoy heading up to Dublin on the real thing. Here's what I'm thinking....

Resin cast nose mated to a brass etched body, all sitting on a Bachmann Virgin Voyager chassis. Available in 3 and 6 car sets.... What ya reckon? Do-able perhaps as a potential future project?

Tom.

22k railcar is not out of the question but would be next year sometime and the earliest! 461 and the metrovics will see us well into the middle of next year. 22k will be a very large project but we'll see when the time comes. I'd have to admit though that I have a bias for older rather than newer stock ;)

Possibles that I think might be marketable - all RTRs - first steam: GNR "S" class, 461, NCC "Jeep", 400 class? Maybe an NCC 4.4.0? Diesel: 121, UTA MPD railcar, 80 class, 70 class...

Carriages: Park Royal, "Tin Van", GNR wooden stock, one or two types, GSWR bogie, MGWR 6-wheeler....

Standard CIE and GNR brake vans...

Just a thought...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know yet. She's a relatively compact loco as a model. To be honest I know literally nothing about smoke generators. Anybody here know much about them? I saw an electronic smoke generator in a loco once that gave out puffs of smoke relative to the locos speed.

• 1 year later...

Kirley, the project was in fact announced in 2013. It's on hold at the moment while I focus on completing the backlog of orders for existing projects. I'll update as soon as I can. I'd love to get it finished but I must complete each commitment in turn and it's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting but we're getting there!

Thanks for your patience guys.

Kirley, the project was in fact announced in 2013. It's on hold at the moment while I focus on completing the backlog of orders for existing projects. I'll update as soon as I can. I'd love to get it finished but I must complete each commitment in turn and it's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting but we're getting there!

Thanks for the update David, looking forward to it I have to say!

Not intending to put you under any more pressure or anything, but is an A class from you still a possibility?

Not intending to put you under any more pressure or anything, but is an A class from you still a possibility?

We have in fact recently looked at doing an A class model. There's no timeline on it yet but it is being seriously considered. There would be both kit and RTR options.

We have in fact recently looked at doing an A class model. There's no timeline on it yet but it is being seriously considered. There would be both kit and RTR options.

That sounds worth waiting for. Do you know at this stage if you plan to use a centre drive chassis with AWD & AWP, double flywheel, etc?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys a couple of things one how is the DSER 461 Project going and being new to this site who where MIR? and what happen to them and who if anyone took over any of the kits?

I do appreciate that this is a very small market for RTR Irish locos and rolling stock good luck with all your plans

MIR were the staple kit makers on this island and had produced a large range of resin kits of 4 wheeled stock up to the 201 class diesel. They closed some years ago, but apparently are re-opening. No-one per se "took over their kits" but a number of manufacturers of both resin and 3D printed work stepped into the breach - Irish Freight Models, & D & M. JM Designs also came to fore with brass limited run models to supplement that already offered in brass by Studio Scale Models.