Close coupling

Rate this question

201bhoy

Question

15 answers to this question

I picked up a couple of SNCF Inox coaches on eBay a while ago (the ones you saw on my thread) and they're fitted with Fleishmann close couplers. Never saw these up close before, but they bring the corridor connections right up against each other and 'stretch' to allow the coaches negotiate short radius curves.

Does anyone know how I could get closer coupling on my carriages. I bought a lovely set of mk2 galways recently but the only bad thing is that the coupling isn't very close. I was thinking about how to get to roco close coupling standards...

For Lima coaches I would go with the Keen Systems close coupling units. They pull apart on curves and close couple again on straight runs.

Rich,

Does anybody know which Keen Coupler I can use on MM Mk2D coaches?

I mean between the coaches it self I use Hornby R8220 couplings and they fit perfectly and the coaches are now as close as they should be.

But unfortunately the NEM pocket on the coaches is too high up to use these R8220 couplers in between coach and loco, so I'm looking for a replacement of the Draw Bar, but which one of these Keen System Draw Bars fit onto the MM Mk2D.

And where to buy these Draw Bars? Emailing CC Details isn't an option, it's a shame that he doesn't has a web shop or eBay shop.

Same issue I have with the MM Carvens, NEM Pocket is too high up and too deep into the Chassis for the use of any other coupling then the bloody useless British tension lock coupler. :-\

On my wagons I'm using these Roco 40395 or Roco 40270 couplings and these work very well for me. Strangely on the wagons there is no height difference between wagon and loco.

Roger Keen lives a few miles from me and someone that I know knows him quite well and says that he's fairly amenable to discussing requirements where necessary - try giving him a call on 01630 657881.

I see that I've said this before - let me know if this advice is not worth repeating...