SSM Sulzer 101

Rate this topic

Weshty

Nice one Des, will it come with the central tanks (or are they battery boxes?) for between the bogies too? Looks a great starting point for one of these locos.

The kit comes complete with brass underfloor suitable for Athearn and class 55.

It also includes the central fuel tanks, bogie sides, buffers, roof cab ventilator, vacuum pipes etc...and a host of other detail.

The kit comes complete with brass underfloor suitable for Athearn and class 55.

It also includes the central fuel tanks, bogie sides, buffers, roof cab ventilator, vacuum pipes etc...and a host of other detail.

Thats Brilliant Des-I cant wait to get mine.I have a blueline sd9 chassis spare

which runs very well.The photo of the loco body looks impressive,and brass

detail top notch.

Thats Brilliant Des-I cant wait to get mine.I have a blueline sd9 chassis spare

which runs very well.The photo of the loco body looks impressive,and brass

detail top notch.

Should be a nice runner, the Blueline is a very smooth runner. I have a very cheap Athearn SD9 waiting. Sounds like a belt sander but have a replacement kato motor to dropin, going to be a big project this one, looking forward to it.

Should be a nice runner, the Blueline is a very smooth runner. I have a very cheap Athearn SD9 waiting. Sounds like a belt sander but have a replacement kato motor to dropin, going to be a big project this one, looking forward to it.

Yes Fran the blue line sd9 is a great runner and I had it for my MIR 071 body which got put on

the long finger due to a crap paint job.I am thinking of a class 20 sound chip for the B101 loco.

Guest hidden-agenda
I will add the brass bits to the prototype in the next day or two and add a photo.

Looking forward to this loco Des, is it going to have flush glazing with it or just a flat sheet and diy?.

Yes Fran the blue line sd9 is a great runner and I had it for my MIR 071 body which got put on

the long finger due to a crap paint job.I am thinking of a class 20 sound chip for the B101 loco.

A class 20 has an English electric engine Eamon so would sound quite different. Go for a 24 or 25, they had sulzer engines in them.

Here are the latest photos of resin sample with the brass bits added. Whitemetal bits to be added will be buffers, fuel tank, bogie sides, vacuum pipes and the cab roof ventilator.

Side

Cabin detail

Internal frame

Front (note wipers and coupling hook detail)

101 front.jpg

101 chassis.jpg

101 cabin.jpg

101 side.jpg

101 front.jpg

101 chassis.jpg

101 cabin.jpg

101 side.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i was grahams yesterday and held the little beast in my hand....(the sulzer , not mr graham!). its a fine job of work, considdering its a pre production model. cant wait to get the complete kit. A FINE JOB SO FAR WESTY!

also noticed a finc selection of 201's- some resprayed into enterprise full and half yellow faces...superb looking machines. in a corner was the freight liveried 071........what a beauty! she left me speachless!!!

Guest hidden-agenda
i was grahams yesterday and held the little beast in my hand....(the sulzer , not mr graham!). its a fine job of work, considdering its a pre production model. cant wait to get the complete kit. A FINE JOB SO FAR WESTY!

also noticed a finc selection of 201's- some resprayed into enterprise full and half yellow faces...superb looking machines. in a corner was the freight liveried 071........what a beauty! she left me speachless!!!

Where,s the pics?

Guest hidden-agenda
the sulzer is the same as the pic that westy put up...just the resin body with the metal grills/windw frames.

Men have been shot at dawn for lesser excuses.