Early '70s treasure trove!

Rate this topic

Some more juicy stuff (more atmospheric, this time)...

A Class Freight near Abbeydorney

A Class Loco Arriving at Abbeydorney

Token Exchange at Abbeydorney

Evening Freight from Ballina

And a loco that will hopefully be up and running again in the not-to-distant future:

Metrovick C Class Loco in Tralee Yard

C Class Loco at Tralee station

Have a look through the guy's Flickr photostream... lots more interesting stuff, including early diesel-era BR (for those of you that way inclined :P).

I did not realise British Railways containers were run on Irish Railwways. Nice find.

And have done for some time.

100_Ton_Dockside_Crane_North_Wall_Small.jpg

An electric 100 Ton Crane, built in Hamburg Germany, started operating on the North Wall Quay Extension 1905. These are BR containers of fruit being offloaded and moved to transit sheds along the North Wall (long gone). Note the Flying Snail on the transit vehicle door. DUTC/CIE. R

Evening Freight from Ballina

what weird class of freight is that? Looks like beet wagons with very rusty upper bullied sections

It appears to be a Bulleid open transporting a British Railways container, a bit like this:

http://www.ehattons.com/52679/Bachmann_UK_37_930C_3_Plank_Wagon_BR_Bauxite_With_BD_Container_BR_Crimson/StockDetail.aspx

-Rob

He says, without realising that the thread had moved on to 'page two' OOps!! :doh:

Edited by Robert Davies

It appears to be a Bulleid open transporting a British Railways container, a bit like this:

http://www.ehattons.com/52679/Bachmann_UK_37_930C_3_Plank_Wagon_BR_Bauxite_With_BD_Container_BR_Crimson/StockDetail.aspx

-Rob

He says, without realising that the thread had moved on to 'page two' OOps!! :doh:

Hmm, are those containers available seperately?

Cheers, Rob. I'll be picking up a few of those... and I'm sure I won't be the only one after the lads here have seen those photos. :)

I love the photo of the new Austin being delivered on an unfitted flat, cars, vans and farm machinery were often delivered by rail in those days. Car Carrier

Although most of the wagons shown were built in the 50s its interesting to see a few GSWR & GNR types still in use Unfitted Vans 3 Old Planked Van

Although it looks pretty ancient this particular type which seem to be doube sheeted insulated vans for preishible traffic seem to have lasted quite long Unfitted Vans 2

Weshty:

Yes I saw the tin vans they seem to mutate and do all sorts of strange things in Sligo ;) At one stage there were at least 3 different variations of the luggage version alone.

P.S. The demountable tanks may have been for Industrial Alcohol from Cooley, Ballina or Donegal.

Edited by Mayner

DSCF5732.JPG

great pics john , and looking at this one earlier CIE Passenger Brake reminded me of your model....what is the latest on the tin van?

I am not able to give a firm date at the moment but would expect Mid 2013 for both the Heating & Luggage and Lugage Brake.

I received a lot of information since completing the original test builds and have still to finalise some of the detail.

Edited by Mayner

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4127[/ATTACH]

I am not able to give a firm date at the moment but would expect Mid 2013 for both the Heating & Luggage and Lugage Brake.

I received a lot of information since completing the original test builds and have still to finalise some of the detail.

Damn John, nice atmospheric shot, shows off the detailing very well.

• 4 years later...