Oil Tanker Detailing kit

Rate this topic

Weshty

There were 6 Burmah tank wagons 4 with Blue Tank Barrels and 2 with Red & White painted barrels for Class A traffic (Petrol) used between Cork & Limerick. The upper half of the Class A Barrels were painted white and the bottom half red or vice-versa.

I haven't come across any photos on the web, Joe St. Ledger recorded anything that moved in Cork, there are photos in one of the IRRS Journals when the traffic started around 1972-3 and a photo of a blue wagon in Locomotives & Rolling Stock of CIE & NIR by Doyle & Hirsch if you can get a hold of a copy.

Edited by Mayner

I love these burmah tankers. I haven't seen any pictures of the real thing, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a couple of detail shots of them I took in Cork around '89 - '90. However there's no trace of the original colour on them as they're heavily weathered to a brownish black. I'll have a route round for them and stick them up if your still interested.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5543[/ATTACH]

This is the Burmah decal detailing, thanking Mr Church!

Remember, this is available currently. F28

That is one seriously tidy build!

The quality of the Dapol mouldings nowadays is pretty dreadful - It's almost worth digging up some of the old original Airfix kits, they may be old but the mouldings are spot on.

Still can't get over how tidy a build that Burmah tank above is... :D

oil.jpg

oil2.jpg

Well, the etches arrived in the post today, so here's how they look.

The side strengthening detail is easy enough. Hold down the angle length with blue tack, hold teh trangles with a tweezers, apply superglue and slot in the designated holes....voila!

The hardest part was cutting the C034 chassi to size and making sure the solebars are correctly cut...

Edited by Weshty

Weedspray wagons being considered...

That's sounds very promising Des. I was planning to have an etch done for the latest weed spray coach based around the ones I already have for the GSV's. There wouldn't be as much work needed with there being no roof detail and gangways.

Rich.

[ATTACH]5695[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5696[/ATTACH]

Well, the etches arrived in the post today, so here's how they look.

The side strengthening detail is easy enough. Hold down the angle length with blue tack, hold teh trangles with a tweezers, apply superglue and slot in the designated holes....voila!

The hardest part was cutting the C034 chassi to size and making sure the solebars are correctly cut...

Great idea Des to shorten the Dapol chassis and upgrade the detailing, I did the opposite several years ago extending the barrels of the Dapol tankers to turn them into ESSO tank wagons.