Conor's Workbench

Rate this topic

djkonore

• 1 month later...

I just finished a rake of 8x Fuel Oil Tank Wagons that I converted from Bachmann Shell BP Tank Wagons.

I moved the ladders to the sides, removed the decals, re-sprayed them matt black and applied the transfers from Weshty. (192 was weathered by Anto)

This is how they turned out...

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Edited by djkonore

• 4 months later...
I re-sprayed this British Rail baggage car to be used as a steam generating van to run with my Cravens coaches[ATTACH=CONFIG]3303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3304[/ATTACH]

Nice neat painting job there. Conor.:tumbsup:

You could add some detailing to make it even closer to real thing. It looks pretty much identical except for the roof vents and side grills. Can I ask what make is the baggage car?

Hi all how is the white stripe done is it paint or is a tape and if so what type thank you and every thing looks great

The lower white stripe was already on the model, I just painted on the orange and added the upper white stripe. I used spray cans and painters tape.

Thanks. No, it's actually a 1:76 scale (OO gauge) Airfix kit. I tried to put up more pics of the build stages but it wouldn't let me. Files were too big apparently.

Excellent work!

If you have trouble uploading images here, upload them to http://www.tinypic.com and embed them into your posts using the 'insert image' tool (you may have to uncheck 'reference file locally')... :)

Conor, lovely job on the bedford.

A few simple ways to reduce your image size are

1. Press CTRL and PRNT Scrn button and copy into microsoft paint or microsoft photoeditor (if you can find it on the web) and then save. It will reduce the size down to 50-200k based on picture complexity

2. Open up Microsoft office picture manager and go Picture / Resize / Custom width and height and enter 800 in the first field, this will also significantly reduce picture size.