Kilcoole oo Gauge Layout

Rate this topic

kevrail

What mistakes do you think you made out of curiousity? It's a class little layout, which looks like a lot of fun. R.
The basic mistake was in the planning. I cannot access the far side of the layout and was going to have a level above at the back but if I do I will not be able to have proper access. I have a room set aside for the layout and should have placed the layout around the walls to allow access to all areas. I am at a stage now do I continue with the current plan or cut my losses and start again from scratch. I suppose that is what this hobby is all about. You get to near completion and then look for another challenge.

Well, somebody asked me recently, having discovered that something was 1mm out on a model, "would anyone notice". I just said to him that he alone would and it would niggle away at him, even if no-one else spotted it. 24 hours later, he called to say that even though it was a pain to start from scratch, he would do it right.

If the layout niggles you constantly and takes some of the enjoyment out of the hobby, then start in the other room, I'd suggest. Could you keep the other one as backup to tide you over?

Richie.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...