New Irish Lines

Rate this topic

Garfield

The New Irish Lines website is currently being resuscitated, with content from November's issue now being added: http://www.newirishlines.org.

There is also an ongoing project being undertaken to create an online archive of old issues, starting with the first issue of Irish Lines from 1992: http://www.newirishlines.org/archive-2/. Thanks to Dennis Mowatt for taking on the task of scanning these newsletters.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news all round. It's a very inspirational publication and it will be great to have the photos up in colour where possible.

Just checked it, can something be done to lock the aspect ration of the photos as they are squeezed in laterally and it's distorting them?

Edited by Weshty

• 8 months later...

Oh you bloody diamond! Incidentally Garf, i've run OCR on the previous pdfs so I can cobble together a quick access index in a txt doc, contents/index mostly, handy to find peculiar stuff in a hurry. Would it be handy for dropbox? One other thing it does is drop the file size from around 45mb to about 5mb. Thoughts? R.

Edit-Oh, and possibly include a paypal link for donations to NIL. Its an excellent production and every little helps.

Edited by Glenderg

Oh you bloody diamond! Incidentally Garf, i've run OCR on the previous pdfs so I can cobble together a quick access index in a txt doc, contents/index mostly, handy to find peculiar stuff in a hurry. Would it be handy for dropbox? One other thing it does is drop the file size from around 45mb to about 5mb. Thoughts? R.

Edit-Oh, and possibly include a paypal link for donations to NIL. Its an excellent production and every little helps.

Cheers! I'll be in touch with you about that.

I'll mention the donations button to Alan O'Rourke, although the only costs normally incurred relate to printing...

I also must add a word of thanks to Dennis Mowatt, who scanned and converted the files.

Edited by Garfield

A big thank you to all involved in this. =D

An excellent resource for any Irish outline modeller!

I've downloaded the last few even though I have them in print as having a back up copy is a good idea.

Plenty to read now, just as I'm going away and won't be near my computer! =))

The archive is now complete up to and including the May 2012 issue: http://newirishlines.org/archive-2/

Going forward, digital editions will be uploaded 12 months after the print version is published, i.e. the PDF of the November 2012 newsletter will be added to the archive next month, when the November 2013 issue is published.

A hearty congrats to you and all concerned on this project, much like this site, NIL is a superb resource for those modelling the irish scene. And the full archive just makes it so much easier to check back on previous work.

Mighty stuff.

A hearty congrats to you and all concerned on this project, much like this site, NIL is a superb resource for those modelling the irish scene. And the full archive just makes it so much easier to check back on previous work.

Mighty stuff.

Thanks Des, I'll pass it along. :)

• 9 months later...

New Irish Lines subscribers will no doubt be aware that the May 2014 edition is now well overdue. However, it should be ready to go within the next couple of weeks. I recently came on board to look after the design of the newsletter, and we encountered a few snags which pushed back the deadline. However, that's all sorted now, so here's a sneak peak of what to expect...

r9iyjt.jpg

Edited by Garfield

• 2 weeks later...