Rate this topic

Garfield

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine came this morning, glorious looking, am looking forward to a nice glass of Bordeaux and a little quiet time with it later :):)

Hope the missus doesn't get jealous! :P Enjoy!

Mine was waiting for me when I got home... I've had a look through and, apart from one or two minor niggles, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Although I got my New Irish Lines a few weeks ago, this is my first opportunity to say a huge well done to Alan O'Rourke and Patrick Conboy. The new layout and colour is simply superb and lifts what has always been a great publication into the 'wow' class! It was well worth the wait and I really do look forward to the next one. There's not a bad article in there, but my favouries have to be Arigna Town and Alan Edgar's beautiful NCC 'Whippet' which is an outstanding model. But it is all good and shows just how vibrant the Irish modelling scene is.

Although I got my New Irish Lines a few weeks ago, this is my first opportunity to say a huge well done to Alan O'Rourke and Patrick Conboy. The new layout and colour is simply superb and lifts what has always been a great publication into the 'wow' class! It was well worth the wait and I really do look forward to the next one. There's not a bad article in there, but my favouries have to be Arigna Town and Alan Edgar's beautiful NCC 'Whippet' which is an outstanding model. But it is all good and shows just how vibrant the Irish modelling scene is.

Agreed, really enjoyed it even though as many know my interest in the Irish scene is somewhat on the periphery. Good modelling is good modelling though and can be enjoyed no matter what the subject matter is. Well done team!

• 8 months later...

The November 2014 edition should be arriving through letterboxes around now. Apologies for the delay... I encountered a few technical issues at my end and real life got in the way, too.

This issue includes an article by Jeremy Clements and Michael McMahon which is a companion piece to their book, 'Locomotives of the GSR'. It focuses on drawings of the company's locomotives and kickstarts a series of drawings which will come bundled with future issues of the newsletter. This edition includes drawings of classes 280 (M1), 342 (D4), 400 (B2), 402 (B2a), 495 (M3), 850 (P1), 670 (I3), 710 (J15b), 700 (J15a), and 800 (B1a).

The November 2014 edition should be arriving through letterboxes around now. Apologies for the delay... I encountered a few technical issues at my end and real life got in the way, too.

This issue includes an article by Jeremy Clements and Michael McMahon which is a companion piece to their book, 'Locomotives of the GSR'. It focuses on drawings of the company's locomotives and kickstarts a series of drawings which will come bundled with future issues of the newsletter. This edition includes drawings of classes 280 (M1), 342 (D4), 400 (B2), 402 (B2a), 495 (M3), 850 (P1), 670 (I3), 710 (J15b), 700 (J15a), and 800 (B1a).

Sounds like it'll be a great read, looking forward to it!

This magazine has jumped into a whole new level of professionalism. The photographic reproduction quality is suburb, both black & white as well as colour. My only regret is in the past photographs of interest were so grainy that you could not see the detail but no complaints now. I enjoyed Colm Flanagan's builds both coaches and GNR(I) locomotive which are on my Things to Do List for 2015. Also Jim Edgar's piece on Gatekeepers. Having met the man I now know not only does he bring us those wonderful Markle Videos but is a vast well of knowledge on Irish Railways.

Then there is the GRS drawings and.....well just the whole magazine is a wealth of information.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...