Killcoole Garda Traffic Corps

Rate this topic

kevrail

This is the overall layout back in August 2012 but I am extending a double track either side and at the back having a level above the track. I have started to respray my MKIII s to make a CIE Super Train and am finding not as easy as it looks on this site. I never thought I would try a respray but with the help of members of this site it has inspired me to have a go.

Kilcoole 004.jpg

Kilcoole 003.jpg

Kilcoole 002.jpg

Kilcoole 001.jpg

Richie here are the latest overall pics. I am using the Metcalfe country station as a Hotel along with the metcalfe Pub and have decalled it with an Irish theme. Just need to decal the Hotel. The entrance porch has been lit with blue leds and paved, still to finish off to complete.

020.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Thanks Guys for all the positive comments, I am humbled by the comments. I only started this as a simple hobby"plodding" along to build a layout that included scenery with buses and lorries. Unlike the "Purists" among you I had no great ambition to go into fine detail but since I have joined this forum I seem to be captured by the sense of detail you all aspire too in what ever form, be it buildings, rail stock or scenery.

Each visit to the site inspires me to stretch my abilities to the limit and try some things I would never have have thought of. The knowledge, history, encouragement and practical help from the members is inspiring. I am tip toeing along now with the MK III conversion to cie supertrain status so it will be exciting to see the end result and if it is of a standard that is the norm on this site.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5184[/ATTACH]

Possibly with a pony-tail....

Broithe I wonder who makes this figure. Prieser, bachmann scenecraft or Noch.

Or should I go down the route of the attached photos?????

Not really the scene I was looking for in "Kilcoole"

riot.jpg

garda van.jpg

Kevin the van and riot police are definately going to feature in " Grange Castle " although i'm going to try and paint my figures to a more Garda Public Order unit colour, not really essential i know but i just want to give them an " Irish " look. Plan is to have a lowlife filled housing estate with a burned out car or two and these lads and a couple of vans there to dish out a few slaps :)

Richie here are the latest overall pics. I am using the Metcalfe country station as a Hotel along with the metcalfe Pub and have decalled it with an Irish theme. Just need to decal the Hotel. The entrance porch has been lit with blue leds and paved, still to finish off to complete.

Hi kevin is the ambulance in the second last photo corgi ,eamon