If you have some money to spare...

Rate this topic

Garfield

garfield would love this.....aml 60.jpg

Panhard AML 60

1959 French Cavalry, just released from deep storage. All importation paperwork completed. 4.5 tons MOT exempt. Complete vehicle, low miles, fully running and driving with no mechanical issues. UK road registered and taxed. Good spares availability. Faultless £10,000. delivery possible.

07962 319339

WHAT ABOUT IT PAT?

Edited by heirflick

There used to be the front of a Vulcan in a front garden a few miles away from here, but it's gone now. The local RAF scrapped a Javelin without saying anything a few years ago. I would have got it here somehow. They replaced it with a rather more dainty Harrier. I never found out what happened to their Bloodhound, though. That would be nice in the garden. There was a Ferret in a back garden in Wolverhampton, but I can't find it on Google earth now - A good few years since I last saw it.

garfield would love this.....

Panhard AML 60

1959 French Cavalry, just released from deep storage. All importation paperwork completed. 4.5 tons MOT exempt. Complete vehicle, low miles, fully running and driving with no mechanical issues. UK road registered and taxed. Good spares availability. Faultless £10,000. delivery possible.

07962 319339

WHAT ABOUT IT PAT?

I actually saw that on MilWeb, Seamus! Wouldn't mind an AML or a Ferret to take out for a spin at the weekends! :D

3.5 tons weight....seems light for th esize of it, does that include the engine?

Could it be made airworthy???

Yep, empty weight is 8,340 lb (3,767 kg), which would include the powerplant and all other equipment. If that's the weight he's quoting, then it must include the engine.

It should be possible to be made airworthy, in theory. The fuel bill would make your eyes water, though! Then again, a guy in Mullingar is (or was) able to afford to operate a Westland Whirlwind...

Yep, empty weight is 8,340 lb (3,767 kg), which would include the powerplant and all other equipment. If that's the weight he's quoting, then it must include the engine.

It should be possible to be made airworthy, in theory. The fuel bill would make your eyes water, though! Then again, a guy in Mullingar is (or was) able to afford to operate a Westland Whirlwind...

And that's the truth.

Range 320 miles

cruise speed 122 mph

fuel capacity 1409 litres

So roughly she will consume over 530 litres (€800) of fuel per hour.

No wonder helicopter trips cost so much...

Edited by Weshty

And that's the truth.

Range 320 miles

cruise speed 122 mph

fuel capacity 1409 litres

So roughly she will consume over 530 litres (€800) of fuel per hour.

No wonder helicopter trips cost so much...

A chap once tried to explain to me the experience of flying a helicopter.

"Imagine trying to balance a pneumatic drill on your head, whilst you're burning pound notes as fast as you can"...

A chap once tried to explain to me the experience of flying a helicopter.

"Imagine trying to balance a pneumatic drill on your head, whilst you're burning pound notes as fast as you can"...

My dad has a helicopter PPL... must tell him that one, although I daresay he knows about it all too well! :P

One offer on it , is it Garfield ????????

and if you had the money one for private use and one for forum members use :tumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair-Falcon-Jets-for-sale-/200877402178?pt=Motors_Aircraft&hash=item2ec539e842

Take a look at the advert OWNER CANT FLY =D

Ha, no it's not me!

Those Falcons are a bit on the small side... need a Challenger or a Gulfstream so I can stretch my legs! :P

That's one interesting oddball jet...

Cosford is well worth a visit - full of weird stuff.

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/things-to-see-and-do/on-display.aspx?museum=Cosford&location=Research+%26+Development

And it's free - except for the car-park...

...or on the day of the Air Display.

The chaps that brought O'Connell Street over for Warley went there.

Cosford is well worth a visit - full of weird stuff.

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/things-to-see-and-do/on-display.aspx?museum=Cosford&location=Research+%26+Development

And it's free - except for the car-park...

...or on the day of the Air Display.

The chaps that brought O'Connell Street over for Warley went there.

So much to get through whenever I get around to visiting UK air museums! Cosford would be worth visiting for the TSR2 alone...

Might be worth a try, though - no sign of any reserve...

One of them is Campeltown - if it turns out to be knackered we could just run it into St Nazaire on March 28th and blow it up - although last year would have been a better anniversary, round figures and all that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Nazaire_Raid

Ha! Wasn't there a film made based on that raid? I think I remember seeing it years ago...