MK3 EGV with sound and lighting

Rate this topic

if i remember eamonn thats a soundguy one. wonder if anyone could produce a cheaper one? the jenny sound alone would do me nicely.

The sound chip that was supplied was the lok pilot which as you know

Is not cheap.I don't know Seamus if there is a cheaper chip that could be

used just for the EGV sound.It does add realism to the train though.

Yep the EGV decoders will be available shortly, there are just a few tweaks to remove the ambient noise from the announcements that were working on at the mo.

A Class decoders are pretty much ready to go too, I just need to get half a day to get up to Downpatrick and record the horns then we're complete.

This modelling business is a 24/7 job, never enough hours in the day! Lol

• 3 years later...
Yep the EGV decoders will be available shortly, there are just a few tweaks to remove the ambient noise from the announcements that were working on at the mo.

A Class decoders are pretty much ready to go too, I just need to get half a day to get up to Downpatrick and record the horns then we're complete.

This modelling business is a 24/7 job, never enough hours in the day! Lol

That's a smashing EGV, Gerry. Does anyone know if these ever became available either as rtr or the sound chip?

The recording is excellent although I'm glad RH tried to clean up the noise. They announcements were frequently semi-intelligible depending on the PA system in they station itself. It's a fairly neat idea to link the announcements into the train, they only happened when it was in the station.