Jump to content
WRENNEIRE

LIMA Murphy Models

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Broithe said:

Paint over the points and a plug'n'socket transfer..?

Certainly looks that way. If you zoom in you can just about make out the points logo under plug'n'socket the transfer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks just a mix up in body centres from two locos, an IE and IR. Could easily happen when fitting decoders and the IR and IE bodies got mixed up between two locos when being put back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Noel said:

Looks just a mix up in body centres from two locos, an IE and IR. Could easily happen when fitting decoders and the IR and IE bodies got mixed up between two locos when being put back on.

As far as I'm aware none of the Murphy 141/181's with the plug'n'socket logo came with the smaller marker lights or silver window frames. They had the newer LED markers and the frames were the same colour as the body, which points towards transfers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just putting these up here to keep the thread up to date and keep all our Irish stuff in one place.

 

The Boxed Set!

 

Series.thumb.JPG.5acb85c489f2f71f7229fff57f87c3aa.JPG

 

Box interior

 

 

1893053366_TaraContents.thumb.JPG.09a9aa25f229dba0773d1678bde35941.JPG

 

IRM 1020 Set A

 

2008285054_SetA.thumb.JPG.8322b538302729a417db7a58934f1fdd.JPG

 

 

 

308412930_SetA1.thumb.JPG.a334380a3cb7b7f871d176a7304991b0.JPG

 

1011168747_SetA2.thumb.JPG.79fa46e8a74ef31a4ff27b15c80b194d.JPG

 

IRM 1021 Set B

 

506675052_SetB.thumb.JPG.f911b40fc81f9059e69b1b3bb3a0b39c.JPG

 

66784814_SetB1.thumb.JPG.273d8996e23cb5a723dc68c93ad9c526.JPG

 

 

160307601_SetB2.thumb.JPG.760c42a58249c18f915671eff86a89a8.JPG

 

 

IRM 1022 Set C

 

799343231_SetC.thumb.JPG.813e92290101c78b73d5f375b64bb58f.JPG

 

 

1873002504_SetC1.thumb.JPG.2c86c6e32757cc2f9187dace920c16d8.JPG

 

 

1963953932_SetC2.thumb.JPG.4e60e2ebfa921f09e1fdaba44e3c2cbe.JPG

 

 

IRM 1023 Set D

 

 

1593761293_SetD.thumb.JPG.827c3299a5d1956bd694b8f454aa2a95.JPG

 

 

809763273_SetD1.thumb.JPG.1bac68518e32e0355b4c3c2edf42878a.JPG

 

 

1948763247_SetD2.thumb.JPG.a6b89a2ead98fd008c109a88f784d89b.JPG

 

 

IRM 1024 Set E

 

 

806213119_SetE.thumb.JPG.ebb0dab59c2fe5aba4bf5d68bc98c701.JPG

 

 

737007843_SetE1.thumb.JPG.99c11c470edb7494e398bb7e07132f1d.JPG

 

 

1510129168_SetE2.thumb.JPG.50a2f03908fa30021d28586280fbb52c.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Informative 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent years, all remaining wagons tend to exit Limerick with black bogies and multi-coloured bits, as shown on the models.

For those modelling, say, the 1990s, it's worth pointing out (given the excellent level of accuracy in all details on these wagons) that bogies plus all their assorted gubbins were all-brown. In their original blue state, bogies and buffers were blue too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

In recent years, all remaining wagons tend to exit Limerick with black bogies and multi-coloured bits, as shown on the models.

For those modelling, say, the 1990s, it's worth pointing out (given the excellent level of accuracy in all details on these wagons) that bogies plus all their assorted gubbins were all-brown. In their original blue state, bogies and buffers were blue too.

Hi JB,

The blue Taras had matching blue buffers and Instanter couplers, but the bogies were black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Garfield said:

Hi JB,

The blue Taras had matching blue buffers and Instanter couplers, but the bogies were black. 

Were they? I’m sure I saw blue....? Maybe I’m thinking of the wheel sets on the 4-wheeled “curtain” cement wagons..... 

There’s my next research project!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

Were they? I’m sure I saw blue....? Maybe I’m thinking of the wheel sets on the 4-wheeled “curtain” cement wagons..... 

There’s my next research project!

As can be seen here JB! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw that, warbonnet! My error.....

But I'm wondering now - what DID have blue wheels or bogies!

I know the Asahi ones were the same dark green as the chassis.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, jhb171achill said:

Saw that, warbonnet! My error.....

But I'm wondering now - what DID have blue wheels or bogies!

I know the Asahi ones were the same dark green as the chassis.....

I'm correcting myself here - I meant the N.E.T. bogie tankers, not the red and silver Asahis - they didn't have bogies, obviously! Duhhh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some news for HDI enthusiasts 

They produced models for thee Spanish market, called "RICO"

A passenger set and a Freight set

IMG_20190108_123032743.thumb.jpg.5227e627df5d71b31fc7b21825767b51.jpg

 

IMG_20190108_122954778.thumb.jpg.52216ea02641a472d90cbbf8f0b6ee35.jpg

 

 

IMG_20190108_123106173.thumb.jpg.62ea4c9c21b08044ad4ffb42b78f40fb.jpg

 

 

IMG_20190108_123044770.thumb.jpg.1630fa130724945d66895bd1eca58fd2.jpg

 

 

112470539.jpg.d37e197d2ab53b5507c3c7523b76418e.jpg

 

 

112470539_81486558.jpg.58cf7928d5bb63acb9ca8272fa58efda.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of Jouef some very rare HDI Straight track, there is a lot of curved HDI track buy the straight track seems to be much rarer

Different font on the HDI than on the normal Jouef track

P1110255.thumb.JPG.021d27a901d9e33517ba81e0e76c52c1.JPG

 

P1110254.thumb.JPG.9798202de450241839758457d7929f2e.JPG

 

 

P1110262.thumb.JPG.4c55c049775a740ed6e134aa510c4291.JPG

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Terms of Use