LIMA Murphy Models

Rate this topic

WRENNEIRE

Regarding content Dave, you're doing such a good job (sincerely) it almost seems heretical to to make a suggestion! :D

Somewhat oddly, I have the most trouble sorting out the more recent stuff from Paddy, like, say the 2d coaches.

Just know that you have at least one supporter of your work on this side of the water! :D

Regards,

-Rob

• Like 1

Could you please continue on from the 141/181's as I think it would be better than jumping back in time. Cravens and Mk2's next please as it would be a nice seen the next release of Mk2's is due shortly

I'd like to see the Cravens and Mk2s up next. Especially the Mk2Ds are they are getting as rare as hens teeth. The Cravens without orange stripe on top are very scarce too.

I would have thought the Cie livery cravens would be more available ?

The were 3 in the CIE livery and I believe they were released later than the 5 later livery Cravens. I wouldn't mind picking up a few of the CIE ones if they show up anywhere. Rails shefield seems to be the only place to have them in stock.

Just took delivery of my LIMA 201 River Boyne 207 yesterday. But I've noticed that the English "River Boyne" is matched at the other end of the loco with the Irish "Abhainn na Life". Is this a rarity or was the entire run of this model mis-named in the two languages?

Just took delivery of my LIMA 201 River Boyne 207 yesterday. But I've noticed that the English "River Boyne" is matched at the other end of the loco with the Irish "Abhainn na Life". Is this a rarity or was the entire run of this model mis-named in the two languages?

all the 207's had the same error, it was the nicest of all the liveries though!

all the 207's had the same error, it was the nicest of all the liveries though!

Thanks - I must check to see if the real one has the same error!

I'm researching what I could run with it in terms of passenger stock. I was surprised to find 207 in Enterprise livery in Cork ( Irish Rail GM 207 in Kent Station.). I assume it was never on the Galway / Sligo lines. I commuted from Portarlington into Dublin for several years but don't ever remember seeing it there (though I was mostly travelling in the dark and wasn't really looking out for it). Could I get away with Mark 2 coaches? If I need Mark 3, does anyone have experience of using the vinyl overlays, which I could use to update a few old Hornby Mark 3s?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding content Dave, you're doing such a good job (sincerely) it almost seems heretical to to make a suggestion! :D

Somewhat oddly, I have the most trouble sorting out the more recent stuff from Paddy, like, say the 2d coaches.

Just know that you have at least one supporter of your work on this side of the water! :D

Regards,

-Rob

There's at least two.

Replies seem hardly necessary - it would be rather like Moses scratching something on a tablet to leave on Mt Sinai...

I firmly believe that the Craven models are one of if not the best coaches ever. When you look at the numbers within the class and their geographical location it seems amazing that we have them as models. I prefer them to a MK11 or MK111 any day.

Rich,

Guest hidden-agenda
There's at least two.

Replies seem hardly necessary - it would be rather like Moses scratching something on a tablet to leave on Mt Sinai...

If Moses was a model railway enthusiast he would a few rakes of cravens (handy for GAA specials and religious events).

• 2 weeks later...

December 09 saw the launch of the early liveried Cravens

1149 First Class, 1504 & 1515 Standards

The usual 300 of each produced but only 3 coaches in this livery

My favourite coach!

MM1149IstClass_zps43d059b9.thumb.JPG.ebfbe7187bce2ed7eb8870046111dae9.JPG

MM1504Standard_zpsd859e8e4.JPG.d0c56c8b5af5020230ca27e7715164e9.JPG

MM1515Standard_zpsf683b18f.JPG.536b54777d61e3c7339b8806798d31ce.JPG

Variation in box colour

BoxShades_zpse71b4790.JPG.cb3cf8ef158570c9b70050139668e7c0.JPG

Edited by WRENNEIRE