Exclusive Bus Model - Only from Brian Collins Enterprises

Rate this topic

Brian Collins Enterprises

Anthony, I used to travel on the city imp 83 ( locally known as " The Pissy Bus " )

You want to have to sit there all day driving it mate some of the old heads were very wiffy. DB should have giving us a gas mask and air freshner. You would know when a driver was suffering as they would be heading down the road with the door open for ventilation. :puke::puke::puke:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to have to sit there all day driving it mate some of the old heads were very wiffy. DB should have giving us a gas mask and air freshner. You would know when a driver was suffering as they would be heading down the road with the door open for ventilation. :puke::puke::puke:

Anto i dont know how ya done it, and if I remember the interior of the imps were almost covered from top to bottom in fabric which seemed to absorb the smell so even when the bus was empty it stank ! And for some reason the oldies wouldn't venture passed the first couple of seats and would huddle around the driver and luggage area even when there where empty seats further down the bus which meant gettin on and off was a struggle and they'd be giving out as if it was your fault THEY where in your way. Dont get me wrong I respect the elderly but the ones on the 83 were a different breed altogether.

One time i remember the was an old dear got on in Rathmines and perched herself on the bar of the luggage area despite there being plenty of empty seats and being told twice by the driver not to, anyway coming up through Kenilworth theres a right turn followed straight away by left turn, as we went through here the old dear was de - perched from the bar and ended up in the luggage area on the floor on her back with bits of shopping rolling around the bus, after being helped out and to her feet she start screaming at the driver who hadn't so much as looked at her that he should have slowed down for the corner to which he replied instantly " If you had of put your arse on a seat like I asked you earlier you wouldnt be looking for tins of beans down the back of the bus now would you "

Its probably one of those ya had to be there things but I was laughing non stop getting off that bus.

If it happened now the driver would prob get the bullet and the old dear would get the euromillons as compo

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ttc0169. I have admired your layout in the layout section of this forum, the new additions in rolling stock, bus models, kits you have built.

Thank you to all the members of the forum that have expressed an interest in the model when produced both on this thread and that have also sent me a private message also to pre-order.

More information will follow hopefully before the next Collectables Toy Fair at the Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley Sunday 14th April 2013.

Thank you

Brian Collins Enterprises

Edited by Brian Collins Enterprises
Correction of word

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Evening,

Confirmation of the product codes as follows:

CP41231A - VG33 showing destination for route 4 to Harristown.

CP41231B - VG33 showing destination for route 83 Kimmage.

An enlarged version of the approved drawing will be on display to view on Sunday 14th April at the Collectables Toy Fair. Pre orders can be taken.

Thank you

Brian Collins

T/A Brian Collins Enterprises

Good Evening,

An enlarged version of the approved drawing will be on display to view on Sunday 14th April at the Collectables Toy Fair. Pre orders can be taken.

Thank you

Brian Collins

Can't wait for these :banana:

Good Evening,

Thank you

Brian Collins

Any idea on the pricing Brian, or will that info only be available at the fair?

In answer to your question Blu Bianco I would expect the model to retail at approximately €42.95, but will be confirmed nearer the release.

Thank you,

Brian Collins

Thanks Brian. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for them.

Pity the 39 route never came to fruition though.

Can't wait for these to be released. I want mine as soon as they are available. Any update on possible release date ? Also are we getting an invitation to the launch :-)

I really hope this goes well for you Brian and I hope its the first of many models you produce.

Thank you Grange Castle. I will have a better idea once I get the pre production samples & check with Dublin Bus that they are happy with what they see. It will then proceed into full production. Working on the artwork for packaging with Corgi this week.

I am aiming for release at my next Collectables Toy Fair in October. This is just a rough quess at the moment.

Lets hope that this is the first of many Diecast models from Brian Collins Enterprises. I have some ideas myself of what models I would like to see.

I want it !!!!!!! Well done Brian, looks fantastic =D Was thinking about your release day, would DB free up VG 33 to attend the launch, might attract a few bus fans for pics etc. Although knowing DB they'll probably want you to hire it. I think they should do things like that for a bit of PR building. Anyway looking forward to getting my hands on these :banana: