bubble wagon

Rate this question

irishtrains2730

Question

10 answers to this question

Just to add to what Stephen has already said, the chassis would have a 12 foot wheel base. Have you given any thought as to what you will do to represent the w irons, axle boxes, brake gear, j hangers etc. As these would be fundamentally important to the look of the finished chassis. Good luck with it, and do keep us informed.

Rich,

at the moment i'm not going to go for an authentic look.i just want to see if i can make something that looks quite good so i'll probably just use any old chasis cut down just to see what i can do and also i don't have money to be buying specific parts that look original.thanks for the replies.

You did say in the original post that you wanted to scratch build so I assumed that it would mean that you were going to measure and cut raw materials for the build. For what it would cost to purchase some styrene and solvent over a small period of time wouldn't break the bank. You would be talking no more than €15 and no less than €10 to get you started, sourcing photos and advice regarding dimensions wouldn't cost a cent, as that information is available free on the internet. Spread the cost out over a month and you should be fine. Having a go and building a chassis or wagon yourself will give you confidence to try other things.

Rich,

cheers for the advice.i'm not new to modelling but doing wagons IS new to me.i'm basically cutting up a spare chasis and going the kinder way.if i can make a half decent effort then i will look into buying the parts over a period of time and make a proper one.i know some of you will be thinking why not try a decent one first but i'd rather see what my limits/skills are.