Riversuirs Workbench

Rate this topic

Riversuir226

Looking very good, Tom. The only constructive point I would make is that the curtains seem to be a richer blue on the prototype due to the difference in materials. One of the characteristics that appeals to me is the two-tone effect. I think you've nailed the body color and nice details picked out on the chassis. The tie downs are particularly good!!:-bd

Thanks DC for the comments, i ve a little plan to darken the curtains up a bit ;). The blue is 109 from humbrol but i ve faded it a little bit. I tried the revell 51 on it but i found it a tad too dark.

Edited by Riversuir226

Back to the Park Royal :) , what im hoping to achieve is one of the coaches on its last legs just before retirement. One was in service in the early 1990's mixed with a rake of cravens on the Cork to Cobh line and thats what i want to model20151020_105339.jpg

The park royal is the first carriage after the gsv.

Edited by Riversuir226

Thanks DC for the comments, i ve a little plan to darken the curtains up a bit ;). The blue is 109 from humbrol but i ve faded it a little bit. I tried the revell 51 on it but i found it a tad too dark.

Tom, from memory the MIR recommended PHOENIX CEMENT WAGON BLUE DULL Code:MIR11) and the Revel Gloss blue for the curtains but as I'm sure you have seen after a short time they both faded as well as discolored.

Looking forward to seeing your Park Royal finished.

Tom, from memory the MIR recommended PHOENIX CEMENT WAGON BLUE DULL Code:MIR11) and the Revel Gloss blue for the curtains but as I'm sure you have seen after a short time they both faded as well as discolored.

Looking forward to seeing your Park Royal finished.

Thanks Kirley, i hope to do a bit of variety in the rake so that advice will come in handy. For anyone doing these wagons theres an excellent video of them on Eiretrains youtube channel on the Limerick to Nenagh line.

• 3 months later...

Finally gotten round to installing a chip into the c class, first timer at hardwiring a chip into a lima ringfield motor. Didn t take long and now shes free to roam around with the gm's :). [ATTACH=CONFIG]22654[/ATTACH]

Theres also another batch of mk 3's heading to the paint shop with 072 doing the honours of bringing them to the bench ;)

1454688348125-2066827226.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/02/2018 at 1:33 PM, Riversuir226 said:

Mir cement bogie approaching the end of its build, built mostly out of the box but changed the bogies and added a few extra details. Used the Phoenix paint for the main body and the rest is humbrol acrylics. 

20180203_010358.jpg

Big fan of the bogie cement,one of my favourites.Nice work :tumbsup: 

• Like 1