"Obsolete" 171 from Rails of Sheffield

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Sorry, I jumped the gun posting the last item.

Also available, if you page on through the obsolete list are -

IE 156, 184, 187

IR 146, 177, 181, 183, 192

Supertrain 142, 161, 182 and 190 (weatehered)

Black and Tan 141, 165, 181

Hope I've got that right!

There must something here for someone!

Leslie

Sorry, I jumped the gun posting the last item.

Also available, if you page on through the obsolete list are -

IE 156, 184, 187

IR 146, 177, 181, 183, 192

Supertrain 142, 161, 182 and 190 (weatehered)

Black and Tan 141, 165, 181

Hope I've got that right!

There must something here for someone!

Leslie

Where have they been hidding them?

Where have they been hidding them?

They must've found a load of stock in their warehouse. Either that or Bachmann has had a purge from their warehouse.

Thanks to this I found a UK limited edition for a fairly reasonable price that I missed out on 1st time around. Looking forward to getting it!

They must've found a load of stock in their warehouse. Either that or Bachmann has had a purge from their warehouse.

Thanks to this I found a UK limited edition for a fairly reasonable price that I missed out on 1st time around. Looking forward to getting it!

Glad to be of service!

They have republished the list today and there are now only four double-ended yankies in the list, so you're not the only one to have been taking advantage!

Mind you, there are some strange items to be deemed "obsolete" there - like the Heljan railbus, which I thought was only out last year.

No matter, as long as more Irish locos end up in Irish hands!

Leslie

Glad to be of service!

They have republished the list today and there are now only four double-ended yankies in the list, so you're not the only one to have been taking advantage!

Mind you, there are some strange items to be deemed "obsolete" there - like the Heljan railbus, which I thought was only out last year.

No matter, as long as more Irish locos end up in Irish hands!

Leslie

I think discontinued might bee a better term, all the same its good to see lads picking up some good bargains.

It's an apple 'feature' if you take photos with the button as opposed to the touch screen (as the ipad is the wrong way around). If you import the images to the computer, they get 'fixed' otherwise you might need to edit them first :)

Ah I see, I was just being lazy last night and used it for the pics! I will put up some proper ones if people are interested.

I've just got my order from Rails, 161SA and 182, both in super train livery. I wasn't quick enough to get of the black and tans before they went, but I'm pleased with what I've got. Rails customer service up to their usual high standard.

To get this thread back onto Irish model railways .....

Another e-mail arrived today highlighting more for you modern chaps (Oops, I nearly called you diesel freaks!).

I didn't go through it all, but noted a 201 in orange for a bargain price, restaurant car, Cravens, Generator.

Worth having a look?

Leslie

To get this thread back onto Irish model railways .....

Another e-mail arrived today highlighting more for you modern chaps (Oops, I nearly called you diesel freaks!).

I didn't go through it all, but noted a 201 in orange for a bargain price, restaurant car, Cravens, Generator.

Worth having a look?

Leslie

Beat me to it! Got the email myself. Plenty of 201s there including the almost rare River Shannon.

So tempted to plump for the Bachmann Tinsley 20s twin pack if I had the cash and not had two Dapol Westerns, Heljan Garratt and two 071s to buy!

• 3 weeks later...

There also offering 10% of on all secondhand and obsolete items when you spend over £100.

That class 57 is superb, was only reading an old Model Rail last night were they converted a class 47 to a 57 and used home made decals to produce the aboves livery, at the same time i could have swore one of my oldest locos a class 47 said don t even think about it!!!!. Man id want to get of these twilight shifts at work.

Edited by Riversuir226