RPSI 461 loco kit

Rate this topic

David

Born in Clondalkin and you have no blas, tut tut

Born in the Coombe not like you northsiders =))

Speaking of Irish was there not something on the News that Garda in the west could not take a statement from a punter because they could not speak Irish and the statement giver wanted to give his statement in Irish. I think it time you came out of retirement and started teaching Irish. :-bd

Born in the Coombe not like you northsiders =))

Speaking of Irish was there not something on the News that Garda in the west could not take a statement from a punter because they could not speak Irish and the statement giver wanted to give his statement in Irish. I think it time you came out of retirement and started teaching Irish. :-bd

If we had spent more time LEARNING our NATIONAL LANGUAGE and LESS on our KNEE'S PRAYING we could ALL be speaking our NATIONAL LANGUAGE :doh:

• Like 1

A and C classes that look like actual A and C classes. You know it makes sense! ;)

I just recently had that conversation with David at the last Stillorgan show. You could see the cogs starting to turn in his head :rolleyes: give him a chance let him get 461 out of the way first. But as for the A and C class I would advise him to put it out there as a resin kit a bit like Silverfox. Anyway back to 461.

....the man asked the question - 'Any model we decide we put it up to u,like 461 and the ???'.......answer given - metros! I would assume there would be a huge response to the models. if they turn out half as good as the railcars, I will take a few of each class, and that's a promise, whenever...sorry - when it happens !:)

We're watching this thread,any future models were doing will be brass as you get better detail and finish as seen on 26s and DDs,wish list we won't go down that road yet as we've got ideas for the next few months,it takes time to research models from drawings,cad etc and who wants them.

The DDs from start to first model took eight months alone,so dates come and go but you will get a proper model at the end of the day,talking of DDs there going very well with orders up to september,were still getting orders for 26s but they be after the DDs.

M.

Any reasons for resin?

(cost maybe)

Surely an all brass body would allow for the same level of outstanding detail we're getting used to from the lads (2600, DeDietrichs)

Not everybody can build in brass.

Me and brass have a love/hate relationship following building an mir egv, agreed brass does have better detailed finishes but not everybody can build brass kits especially steam locos. At the moment id have a cbscr tank and a j26 in a flash if they were resin kits

Resin is easier to build all right as a kit, but if you are looking for the best finish, go brass. Resin can be hit and miss, depending what puppy you get from the mould, if it's the first out or runt of the litter you get. I've only recently done quite a few of my first brass kits and all assembled with superglue, pva, and UHU. No stress in it whatsoever. A few missing fingertips though...:eek:

Not everybody can build in brass.

Me and brass have a love/hate relationship following building an mir egv, agreed brass does have better detailed finishes but not everybody can build brass kits especially steam locos. At the moment id have a cbscr tank and a j26 in a flash if they were resin kits

You can always go for a assembled kit,I don't think the kids would forgive you for cutting up James!

M.

Resin is easier to build all right as a kit, but if you are looking for the best finish, go brass. Resin can be hit and miss, depending what puppy you get from the mould, if it's the first out or runt of the litter you get. I've only recently done quite a few of my first brass kits and all assembled with superglue, pva, and UHU. No stress in it whatsoever. A few missing fingertips though...:eek:

+1

I agree with Fran and Richie. A classic example of the difference between resin and brass models is the LMS twins 10000 class (brass models) released some years ago and the Silver Fox versions in resin. D&M have produced amazing brass models of the Rail Cars and Enterprise rolling stock, imagine how they would look in resin. Even the recent LMS twins from Dapol look miles ahead of the resin versions. D&M have proved themselves extremely capable of producing a cracking kit or rtr model of an A, C class to the standard of their other models.

Rich,

I agree with Fran and Richie. A classic example of the difference between resin and brass models is the LMS twins 10000 class (brass models) released some years ago and the Silver Fox versions in resin. D&M have produced amazing brass models of the Rail Cars and Enterprise rolling stock, imagine how they would look in resin. Even the recent LMS twins from Dapol look miles ahead of the resin versions. D&M have proved themselves extremely capable of producing a cracking kit or rtr model of an A, C class to the standard of their other models.

Rich,

I m not disputing the detail that can be achieved by brass, what im saying is resin kits are easier to construct and therefore would lead to better sales to a wider market. I know my own limitations and a brass kit is outside my boundaries, while i look at my mk3 egv with reverence, i wouldn t dream of posting pics of her up on the net.

Rtr is not an option for me(believe me i do drool at the 2600 & dedetrich) due to price and i imagine that would be the same for quite a few members on here.

I agree with Fran and Richie. A classic example of the difference between resin and brass models is the LMS twins 10000 class (brass models) released some years ago and the Silver Fox versions in resin. D&M have produced amazing brass models of the Rail Cars and Enterprise rolling stock' date=' imagine how they would look in resin. Even the recent LMS twins from Dapol look miles ahead of the resin versions. D&M have proved themselves extremely capable of producing a cracking kit or rtr model of an A, C class to the standard of their other models.

Rich,[/quote']

Saw a Dapol 10000 in the plastic for the 1st time yesterday. Cannot believe how stunning they are. Not far off my brass one for finish and a better runner. Have a Bachmann one on order but can see myself grabbing a Dapol one too. Then there's the JLTRT O gauge kit...

Anyway, back on topic! If D&M want to invite suggestions (which some of us mistook a post of their for) then it would be a good idea for them to start a new thread for it.

The discussion on future projects has started up again here http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/113-Future-projects/page3

Regarding a future A/C class project, the method of construction will be almost exclusively brass. There is just no contest when it comes to accuracy and detail. Our primary market it RTR so it may or may not be offered as a kit if we go ahead with it. Assembled kit may be offered. That will depend on interest. We did offer a kit version of the De Dietrich stock but there was almost no takers with orders being almost exclusively RTR. The same goes for the 461 model, almost all of the orders received are for the RTR version.

:praying:, please, please do an A & C class( in resin though as Anto said) next, is there a dead line for orders for the 461 might stop me from rebuilding the kids James loco;)

Just saw your post now. There isn't a deadline as such. The project is now going ahead. The only thing I'd say is that they wont be around forever and you only need 25 euro to get on the bandwagon ;)