RPSI 461 loco kit

Rate this topic

David

Any chance of a view of the CAD, just to give us something to hang on to?

Hi Kieran,

I'm afraid I'm not willing to post CAD images due to them being easily copied and also because it is a 2D CAD drawing for an etch and not a nice exciting 3D model.

I regret that the model hasn't been released yet but I'm going as fast as I can.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer David and I can understand your reluctance to post an image. It's just that 3 years is a long time to wait on a promised model when it seems to be pushed back to fill new orders for existing models. To my mind if you make a promise to your customers,

“What we are looking for is small deposits of just 25 euro for 25 models. If this requirement can be satisfied then there will be a model of 461 available this year”

there must be some onus on you to keep your commitment to those who met your conditions.

• 6 years later...

Since it would appear this project never came to fruition, did anyone that placed an order and advanced a deposit ever get a refund?   I have a particular interest in this question and in the event anyone does not want to respond publicly I would appreciate a PM. 

Thank you Tom

• Informative 1

I never realised that David and Mark had taken on a steam loco project as well. This was back in my "lurker" days, years before I actually joined the forum.

What else had they tackled?

2600's, De Deitrich Enterprise coaches, and 461?

Was there anything else?

It's funny looking back, now, and I say this with a bit of embarrassment, but I vaguely remember reading a thread similar to this on, where IRM announced the birth of their company.

They announced a couple of wagons, maybe with CAD images, and Muggins here was suspicious as to whether it was genuine or a scam.

😳

The fact that they weren't asking for deposits should have tipped me off as to how genuine they were.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just a flood of memories coming back.

Your man, Killucan, came across as pretty hostile back then, when IRM launched, and the irony wasn't lost on me.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Ironroad said:

Since it would appear this project never came to fruition, did anyone that placed an order and advanced a deposit ever get a refund?   I have a particular interest in this question and in the event anyone does not want to respond publicly I would appreciate a PM. 

Thank you Tom

Nope. I asked for my deposit to be donated to focus Ireland as a refund and proof sent to me. Never got it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Was David the guy who ran DJ Models and had links to Dapol?  Rather a shame the loco never happened, maybe one for IRM to run with ? As the loco is/was visible on the preserved railtour scene, would it sell? only market research would establish. 

I hope it happens, hopefully before I loose the ability to use a controller!  :trains:

17 minutes ago, murphaph said:

This was all before my time around here. Did these two chaps just vanish into thin air? I mean the modelling community in Ireland is small. Are they never seen at shows or anything? I'm not suggesting a lynch mob before anyone gets any ideas!

No, they got very upset when IRM arrived offering actual RTR models that were available and done properly. A certain degree of arrogance about both of them which can be compared to a rural Independent TD, how dare anyone question them or make something better than them. Not seen at shows because of this, the arrival of actual RTR models from genuine manufacturers and plenty of missing deposits/models, they were last seen at a show in 2018. One of them has literally disappeared, last seen in Cavan

Like a lot of cowboys on the scene, a flurry of initial activity, a small handful of happy customers, then drifted into the mire. No real paper trail either, just a handful of emails. Doubtful it would stand up in court either sadly - no receipts/invoices etc issued

9 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Was David the guy who ran DJ Models and had links to Dapol?  Rather a shame the loco never happened, maybe one for IRM to run with ? As the loco is/was visible on the preserved railtour scene, would it sell? only market research would establish. 

Totally different - but similar principles on a larger scale

Edited by Blaine
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 5

Two unpleasant characters one of which had some nasty things to say about IRM and MM. I will say that the Enterprise stock did look good but as Ed has said they were plagued with running problems. The steam loco was all hard talk and no follow through in the end.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

11 hours ago, murphaph said:

This was all before my time around here. Did these two chaps just vanish into thin air? I mean the modelling community in Ireland is small. Are they never seen at shows or anything? I'm not suggesting a lynch mob before anyone gets any ideas!

Speaking of lynch mobs Phils-l400.jpg.aaf5b772b22aa1de8c7ffb7ee861064a.jpg I believe this is the last known pic of them together.

• WOW! 1
  • Funny 5

7 hours ago, RedRich said:

Two unpleasant characters one of which had some nasty things to say about IRM and MM. I will say that the Enterprise stock did look good but as Ed has said they were plagued with running problems. The steam loco was all hard talk and no follow through in the end.

Indeed; the "M" one appeared to be a major problem - posted some pig-ignorant drivel on here back in the day.

• Agree 1

Never had any dealings with the M half of the dynamic duo, but had plenty with the D half. Most of these encounters I can only describe as unpleasant. A serial bullshitter in my opinion. 

Maybe, Stephen can access David's account and rename him Frank Abagnale? 

9 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Never had any dealings with the M half of the dynamic duo, but had plenty with the D half. Most of these encounters I can only describe as unpleasant. A serial bullshitter in my opinion. 

Maybe, Stephen can access David's account and rename him Frank Abagnale? 

Catch me if you can. You're bang on about the bullshit Jason. So much sh*te came out of his mouth his a**e must have been jealous.

• Funny 4

The honourable thing for David to do, assuming that he and Mark parted ways, would be to publish a list here on the forum, of exactly what he has accepted financially, and not managed to deliver on.

No names, just numbers.

Client no. 1 paid a deposit of X on X date for X model with a balance of X due on delivery etc.

It would be a giant step towards redeeming his reputation, and a huge step towards the transparency required in case he ever wanted to get into the model railway world again.

Many people will feel that there has been a (or have been several) breach(es) of trust.

Despite the running qualities mentioned in the Tara Junction thread, the models do look very very good.

If he doesn't have the balls to take a step like this, he is painting himself as a con-artist.

I hope he does the right thing.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I hope he does the right thing.

I'd be very surprised. 

5 hours ago, Sean said:

no login since 2020; hes gooooone.

He's gone nowhere. 

4 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

He has been in touch with forum members in private as recently as February 2023.

The only reason he speaks to anybody, is because it gives him a chance to kick the can further down the road. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1