071 photo

Rate this topic

Killucan2

Apart from the godawful UIC numbers, I think it looks good. Good to see they had the sense not to stick on a full-colour logo!

Agreed, once it has the grab irons on and it's a sunny day with suitable weathering I think it'll look good. I'm just glad they're still getting overhauls.

The yellow panel and numbers!:puke:

The yellow panel, I like because it's in the style of 112 and not like the big type on 113. I prefare the yellow strip than the yellow face on the 071s.

I can't see the side UICs lasting with weathering, look how they have to keep the side numbers clear now and they are much larger font. I think they will still get their old style numbers added to the sides at least.

The yellow panel, I like because it's in the style of 112 and not like the big type on 113. I prefare the yellow strip than the yellow face on the 071s.

I can't see the side UICs lasting with weathering, look how they have to keep the side numbers clear now and they are much larger font. I think they will still get their old style numbers added to the sides at least.

If the yellow panel was slightly lighter yellow and rounded like the NIR locos it would look okay. I think you may be right about the numbers, lets hope so anyway.

Anyone care to explain what the format or make up of all the numbers mean. I get the 071 bit but what's all the rest a break down would be nice. I assume 201's etc etc will be getting them also.

From Wiki

First and second position: Interoperability code (on multiple units Type code)

Third and fourth position: Owner's code (since 2006: UIC country code)

Fifth to eight position: Type number

Ninth to eleventh position: Serial number

Twelfth position: Self-check digit

Ireland's UIC country code is 60 so 60 will be part of every rolling stock UIC number here.

The 92 part ID's it as a Diesel loco so the 201s UIC number will start with 92 60 like the 071s

Edited by Railer

Agreed, once it has the grab irons on and it's a sunny day with suitable weathering I think it'll look good. I'm just glad they're still getting overhauls.

Fran-the refurbished locos won't have any grab irons fitted-what you see is what your getting......:tumbsup:

From Wiki

First and second position: Interoperability code (on multiple units Type code)

Third and fourth position: Owner's code (since 2006: UIC country code)

Fifth to eight position: Type number

Ninth to eleventh position: Serial number

Twelfth position: Self-check digit

Ireland's UIC country code is 60 so 60 will be part of every rolling stock UIC number here.

The 92 part ID's it as a Diesel loco so the 201s UIC number will start with 92 60 like the 071s

Thanks for that :tumbsup: