RTR Wagons - What next?

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Kieran (and others)

NO! I would like to face My Maker having "produced" a complete train! HE, of course, is doubtless laughing at me at this moment.

I am pursuing another resin body man on this one - that's for the SG3.

Another partner in crime is pursuing doing a brass UG in modest numbers - as he plans to appear at Bangor, I would think he has an incentive to have "something to show" - NOT a working loco though - like "My Man", he's also got other agenda! He's too preoccupied with North Eastern railway (and other) COACHES.

Regards

Leslie

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, Patrick - a real work of art, even got the "bashed to bits" look of the top of these wagons! We could never have done that in resin!

Thanks Leslie. actually the "bashed bits" happen by themselves during construction since the material is thin. I am generally concerned that the finished product is not too "bashed". Work has started on the next batch of wagons using new tooling. I will post some pictures when they are done.

Friends

With Regret .......

The modeller who has so expertly mastered and built my range of handmade models has informed me that he no longer wishes to produce new wagons for me, as it is simply not profitable to him, at current prices. He has a long list of projects of his own to pursue and I cannot blame him for spending his time on rolling stock closer to his own interests! He has recently turned seventy, so who can blame him for concentrating his efforts on his home railway - the pre-grouping Southern (of England!).

Those of us who have Michael's wagons running on our layouts owe him (and Joice, who assisted him) a considerable debt of gratitude for wagons which would not have seen the light of day without him. He has produced about 400 for me, to say nothing of an even higher number of bread and beer containers.

As a result, there will be a long delay in both the introduction of any new handmade wagons and the production of any further samples of the existing wagons in the range. I hope to be able to get "kits of parts" of the existing models and to have these built elsewhere.

I expect future Ready to Run handmade scale models to cost AT LEAST 50% more, depending on my success at finding a replacement builder!

I have a few wagons left at the old prices, but when they are gone, they are gone!

I DO have SOME bread containers at the prices shown and a VERY few Guinness containers - they may soon be collectors' pieces!

I'll keep you informed and will update my website with stock levels as appropriate. Also on my success or otherwise in finding a successor to Michael - believe me I'm looking! I need wagons for (the barely started) Portadown Jct - upstairs in the loft!

The first casualty is the proposed spoil wagon kit - my regrets to the owners of Bleach Green and others who had favoured me with a substantial order book!

OBVIOUSLY, this has no effect on my "Dapol" repainted wagons, which are still listed on the website!

Especially sorry to Paddy, who asked me to "do something" to produce wagons for his superb (I nearly forgot myself and said lovely - they're NOT steam engines!) diesel models.

LESLIE

leslie - pm sent