Feedback

Rate this topic

Guest hidden-agenda

Guest hidden-agenda
Well if does have about 9,500 more members than here.

yes Fran it does but its Irish section seams to be growing and guys posting there and not here.

Just saying that's all.

RMweb certainly has a different audience and was an option for Irish lads when there were no alternatives. I'd certainly hope that the work we out in here to try keep this site open, transparent and informative encourages them to contribute. Quite a few have already made the move and this site now has almost 400 members - probably not far off the sum total of all modelers in Ireland or with Irish interests.

I don't want to take this thread off topic but let me know (or even by pm) if a 'feedback' thread would be useful? Ways we can encourage and grow the site.

At the end of the day I invest over 2k per annum in keeping the servers running, not counting any time and I'd hate to feel people had an issue with the place! :)

A lot of us on here are members of RMweb. I always pop in every day as there are some threads that I am interested in. I know that the other mods are members too. Probably since before we formed this group. Some of the lads on RMweb aren't members or don't post on here for personal reasons and are happy there. I always look in the Irish Railways group and there are some good topics going on at the moment. We are doing well at the moment and as the hobby grows we will. Anyway as has been said back to topic.

Rich,

This is a marvelous resource for any Irish modeller and many thanks for providing it to us. I don t think many people could miss the site as it shows up pretty high up on the auld google when you type in anything to do with Irish railways.

There is i imagine quite a few other Irish modellers out there who don t join but do keep an eye on the site, i don t think we d ever get them to join as they re happy to do it their way or are part of a club and they see it as enough and they don t feel the need to join on here.

On the upside the site is going from strength to strength and its good to see some quality modelling going on here as it does match or exceed the quality on any of the other "big" forums, i think its safe to say we d prefer quality over quantity any day of the week.

This is a marvelous resource for any Irish modeller and many thanks for providing it to us. I don t think many people could miss the site as it shows up pretty high up on the auld google when you type in anything to do with Irish railways.

There is i imagine quite a few other Irish modellers out there who don t join but do keep an eye on the site, i don t think we d ever get them to join as they re happy to do it their way or are part of a club and they see it as enough and they don t feel the need to join on here.

On the upside the site is going from strength to strength and its good to see some quality modelling going on here as it does match or exceed the quality on any of the other "big" forums, i think its safe to say we d prefer quality over quantity any day of the week.

Well said Tom,and credit to Stephen for the site,and the Mods

who do a great job.400 members in a year is pretty good.

I never knew it cost 2k to keep servers going in the year,I

have no idea on this aspect,so thanks again.

I don't think there is a need for feedback section,as any

requests are always looked at.Sorry for off topic again.

I would echo the sentiments on the quality of the help, & advice on the site, there's always lots of it, & great idea's, from the first time I found out about the site I was hooked. I have to ay I did not know anything about the cost, (2K) but well done, to all concerned, keep up the great work, I'de rater this site to many others,maybe because the it's mainly about Irish models, and I think that's great, :-bd

RMweb certainly has a different audience and was an option for Irish lads when there were no alternatives. I'd certainly hope that the work we out in here to try keep this site open, transparent and informative encourages them to contribute. Quite a few have already made the move and this site now has almost 400 members - probably not far off the sum total of all modelers in Ireland or with Irish interests.

I don't want to take this thread off topic but let me know (or even by pm) if a 'feedback' thread would be useful? Ways we can encourage and grow the site.

At the end of the day I invest over 2k per annum in keeping the servers running, not counting any time and I'd hate to feel people had an issue with the place! :)

Stephen you are to be congratulated for your work on developing this site. It is sometimes easy to overlook the considerable investment of time and money required to keep things going. We all appreciate your efforts. The site is doing wonders for promoting the hobby in Ireland, not to mention the fact that it is a great resource for experienced modellers and a source of encouragement for those (like myself), who have little in the way of skills or knowledge, but who are willing to 'have a go' and try start off in the hobby. Many thanks Stephen and I hope the site will continue to grow and expand into the future.

Stephen you are to be congratulated for your work on developing this site. It is sometimes easy to overlook the considerable investment of time and money required to keep things going. We all appreciate your efforts. The site is doing wonders for promoting the hobby in Ireland, not to mention the fact that it is a great resource for experienced modellers and a source of encouragement for those (like myself), who have little in the way of skills or knowledge, but who are willing to 'have a go' and try start off in the hobby. Many thanks Stephen and I hope the site will continue to grow and expand into the future.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I always promote the site with all my customers and at all the shows I do.

Maybe we should do a leaflet, I would give them out at my stand to promote the site.

I had absolutely no idea of the money required to keep this site going! Keep it up Stephen! My favourite site online. I am finding more and more that I don't buy modelling magazines any more as all I could ever want in terms of modelling knowledge is contained on here! And as this website is specifically Irish railway modelling, it is far more specific and useful than the magazines!

Well said Tom,and credit to Stephen for the site,and the Mods

who do a great job.400 members in a year is pretty good.

I never knew it cost 2k to keep servers going in the year,I

have no idea on this aspect,so thanks again.

I don't think there is a need for feedback section,as any

requests are always looked at.Sorry for off topic again.

I also never considered the cost of keeping the site running. Well done to you, sir. The site is an invaluable resource for the Irish modelling community and I'm one of many who have benefitted from the advice and expertise of it's members.

Again, just rowing in with support! This site is a super resource, banter is always good, and considering its only been on the go a couple of years it's growing all the time and has a wide appeal! The most important part, aside from the running costs, is us the members, and how much we put in! I'm personally chomping at the bit to get started on a layout (moving house end of May and new place has planning permission for a layout!! :-bd) and moreover mad to share progress with everyone here!

In terms of membership numbers, contributions etc. if we are looking for a wider membership audience, then it might be no harm to have a promotional flier available to download or email to people. If members are attending shows here and abroad, the the word can be spread (and in a consistent manor). It's great to see Modellers around the world becoming more interested in the Irish scene. Instead of worrying about what's happening on RMweb, we should be enthused by the growing interest in the Irish Scene!

Keep up the good work!

Well done Stephen and the other mods ,I had no idea you put in so much to keep the site going

This site is definitely set up very well, I like the way the mods are actual members and not a commuter or something , all I can say is thank you very much for making it possible to share our work, see new models and the like=D

Only joined recently and was looking for a place to go. Had a look at a few forums but having one focused on Irish modelling was very important and it has been great reading the posts here. Only starting to get into modelling but this has been a great source of knowledge and information and will only continue to grow as my layout/ collection grows. Thanks to all involved!

Like many others, I never considered the financial aspects of running this site and for this, and many other reasons, Stephen should be applauded. I've been a member of the many variations of this site since the MSN days and have to say this is by far the best run, moderated and supported site by far and long may it continue! :-bd

stephen, this site means the world to me as i know it does to the lads! it has become a part of every day living ..it is automatic that i will log on a few times a day. the info, advice and the stunning array of modelling and paintwork, not to mention the compulsary banter makes this a truly unique irish site and im proud to say that im a member! long may it continue......you are not calles 'Bos' just for being good looking (so im told) - i applaud and thank you for your great and time consuming work on the site

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm gobsmacked that it could cost 2k per annum to keep the site running. It's a great resource for Irish modelling and with plenty of banter too. If u need some flyers printed I'd be happy to oblige.

Keep up the good work Stephen.

Edited by 108
Edited for a silly typo

Stephen, I'd have to echo Heirflick's comments. Even though I'm currently 'between' layouts and when I finally do get goining again I'm likely to be modelling Austrian railways I find this site marvellous for all the reasons already mentioned. Well done on an excellent site!

stephen, this site means the world to me as i know it does to the lads! it has become a part of every day living ..it is automatic that i will log on a few times a day. the info, advice and the stunning array of modelling and paintwork, not to mention the compulsary banter makes this a truly unique irish site and im proud to say that im a member! long may it continue......you are not calles 'Bos' just for being good looking (so im told) - i applaud and thank you for your great and time consuming work on the site[ATTACH=CONFIG]6913[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]6914[/ATTACH]

I certainly second this Well done & Thank you Stephen