Campbell Riverside

Rate this topic

ERNE MODEL RAILWAY CLUB MODELLERS EXHIBITION.

I will be exhibiting my Campbell Riverside layout again this year. I have made a few minor improvements since the layout was last seen. Please note the change of venue for this year. Drop by and say hi if your are coming to the show.

HELD AT

MOAT PRIMARY

SCHOOL LISNASKEA.

SATURDAY 17th SEPTEMBER 2016.

10.00am - 5.00pm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Campbell Riverside has been exhibited on the exhibition circuit since 2014 and is continuing to prove popular for all who see it. Since my first exhibition in 2014, the layout has continued to be improved, with the introduction of the 'auto-shuttle' on the high level track and gradually improving the back scene. I have now made a start on weathering the rolling stock, this will be followed by weathering of some of the locos as well.

One improvement that I would like to make before the next exhibition is to make a lighting pelmet possibly using LED strips.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be attending the first Bangor MRC show with Campbell Riverside on 26th & 27th May. The show boasts a great collection of various model layout and gauges spread across the church buildings. Public transport is in close proximity with Bangor train / bus station situated within a five minute walk from the show.

http://firstbangormr....uk/exhibitions

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,  It has been another great year showing my Campbell Riverside layout.  This year it was shown at Wexford, Bangor (Co. Down) & Belfast.  I was also going to be at the south Dublin show in October but due to unforeseen circumstances had to pull out.   As for 2018 there are currently no bookings for Campbell Riverside, this will hopefully give me time to make a few improvements to the layout.   Also I have my 0 gauge layout 'Swanbourne Vale Light Railway' which I have been asked to take to Wexford & Belfast in 2018, http://www.rmweb.co....-2#entry2892358., so I  need to do some more work with that before next Easter!

Regards, John

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, irishmail said:

Hi all,  It has been another great year showing my Campbell Riverside layout.  This year it was shown at Wexford, Bangor (Co. Down) & Belfast.  I was also going to be at the south Dublin show in October but due to unforeseen circumstances had to pull out.   As for 2018 there are currently no bookings for Campbell Riverside, this will hopefully give me time to make a few improvements to the layout.   Also I have my 0 gauge layout 'Swanbourne Vale Light Railway' which I have been asked to take to Wexford & Belfast in 2018, http://www.rmweb.co....-2#entry2892358., so I  need to do some more work with that before next Easter!

Regards, John

Looking forward to welcoming SVLR to Wexford at Easter!

• 5 years later...

Found this video of Campbell Riverside on YouTube, with some Class 50's.

The Shuttle Controller is awesome. I have two of those here for a one-day layout.

I can't help but hear Nelson from the Simpsons every time the horn sounds.

I know that there's a hidden FB page for the layout but I can't remember my password and am too lazy to look it up.

There's also an RMW thread but my RMW password only works on my mobile, not on the desktop, so bleurgh.

• Like 1