Bachmann IE Autoballasters

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 3 weeks later...

IE Autoballaster Twin Pack, produced by Bachmann exclusively for themodelshop.ie, Marks Models and themodelshopbelfast are now available to pre order on http://www.themodelshop.ie

These models are a limited production run of 512

We also offer a "savings Club" facility for this exciting Launch-contact: info@themodelshop.ie or phone 057 8621081 for more details

Due June/July 2012

anyone know if a straight swap with the 2 pack of y25 bogies bachmann produce would be the right kind for the irish model?? And if so why wasn't this done in production??

The Irish Autoballasters aren't fitted with Y25 bogies so what would be the point.

Rich,

IE Autoballaster Twin Pk Limited Edition as produced for themodelshop.ie @Graham's Toymaster, Marks Models and themodelshopbelfast are due in the shops next week. Pre orders have been high, so don't miss out-PRE ORDER yours today!!!

pre-order link:

http://www.themodelshop.ie/ie-autoba...038-213pd.html

RRP €109.99

IE Autoballasters.jpg

IE Autoballasters.jpg

Edited by The Train Man
adding image

they're similar though, a bit of plasticard and a y25 would make a good approximation of the ones on the IE fleet

:(:pOoops. They're made by a US firm called SCT, bought by Wabtec some time ago. They're called the Barber Easy Ride Bogie - BER for short, and here are the drawings.

http://www.sctco.com/images/PDF/GA%202.0m%20bogie%20lever%20push%20brakes.PDF

Edited by Glenderg
Got it wrong...

:(:pOoops. They're made by a US firm called SCT, bought by Wabtec some time ago. They're called the Barber Easy Ride Bogie - BER for short, and here are the drawings.

http://www.sctco.com/images/PDF/GA%202.0m%20bogie%20lever%20push%20brakes.PDF

You beat me to it Richie. I am looking into the possibilities of having bogie side frames produced by laser cutting for these wagons and will keep people updated as and when I have a price for production.

Rich,

they're similar though, a bit of plasticard and a y25 would make a good approximation of the ones on the IE fleet

The Y25 no matter how much it was adapted or butchered would still (at best) only give you a tiny passing resemblance of the prototype. Railway modelling is all about fun at the end of the day and I don't think the issue with the bogies should be sufficient to stop people from purchasing them. I will buy a couple of sets myself to support this venture from the retailers and make the changes where I deem it necessary. Good luck with whatever course of action you take regarding the bogies.

Rich,

A lot of people have been asking what is the ratio of Gennys to non-powered wagons. I have inquired from Irish Rail and they tell me its an"as needs basis".

The most common rakes are: 1 genny wagon to 5 unpowered and 2 genny to 6 unpowered.

I know there may be other variants of these rakes-I've seen 1 genny to 3 unpowered leaving the depot in Portlaoise.

Hope this is of help:D

Hopefully models will be into the shops over the weekend:cool:

Edited by The Train Man

The original plan was to have three sets of wagons in service-a ten piece,an eight piece and a six piece,however that was short lived as some problems developed with the wagons,so IE decided to hold a few spare,e.g a genny wagon and one or two standard hopper wagons,they can be added/subtracted to sets when they are due for examinations once a month at Limerick wagon works,

As of today 21/06 I'm told there are two sets of eight and one set of six in operation around the country-the eight piece having two gen wagons and the six piece having one gen.

"The Eagle has landed"!!! Autoballasters now in stock:banana:

Pre-orders will be shipped over the weekend and should be with customers on the island of Ireland by Tuesday. UK and Europe by wed/Thurs and US by the end of the week depending on shipping option. Australia deliveries are 10-12 days.

Edited by The Train Man