Boyle Model Railway project.

Rate this topic

steventrain

Have you check out?

http://boylemensshed.blogspot.co.uk/

Full report in Roscommon herald newspaper date 30 April 2013 page 33.

OMG this is real professional work ,they can be proud of this wonderful layout which is still under construction,one of the best that I have seen so far.

They seem to be using only the best of material(plywood)etc. Would love to go there and see it by myself.

Best regard,s

Walter

Yep, part of that layout was originally built in the SDMRC clubhouse and was exhibited at our october exhibition some years back. The large section with the scenery already in place , it has been extended quite a bit as you can see. This will be featured in on of the Joe Duffy program's over the coming weeks on a Wednesday night on RTE - Local Heros is the program, the cameras have followed the guys around while making the program as far as Germany where some of them were buying stock. It's in HO.

Regards

Paul R.

50 miles up the road! I won't be going for a while yet, I can tell you.

Ah 50 miles Pat that's nothing. Boyle used to be a regular run for me 1st drop in Enniskillen then more deliveries in Sligo,Boyle, then down to your neck of the woods Longford, Mullingar. Then finish up with the last drop in Delvin and home via Kells/Ardee.

I am part of the Boyle Model Railway group and you would be more than welcome to come to Boyle & see this project.

It is currently under construction & volunteers are needed to bring it to completion. It is a community project that will be a tourist/family attraction in the town.

There is a launch of the project on May 25th as part of the tv programme Local Heroes.

I am part of the Boyle Model Railway group and you would be more than welcome to come to Boyle & see this project.

It is currently under construction & volunteers are needed to bring it to completion. It is a community project that will be a tourist/family attraction in the town.

There is a launch of the project on May 25th as part of the tv programme Local Heroes.

Welcome to the forum. I will get up to see it during the summer.

Excellent work :tumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I visited the Boyle Model Railway today while on holidays. Spoke to one of the guys and they have got planning permission to move into the courthouse in Boyle this September. They plan to increase the size of the layout to 3 times bigger then it is now.

Here's a few pics.IMAG1676.jpg

IMAG1662.jpg

IMAG1663.jpg

IMAG1664.jpg

IMAG1665.jpg

IMAG1666.jpg

IMAG1667.jpg

IMAG1668.jpg

IMAG1669.jpg

IMAG1670.jpg

IMAG1671.jpg

IMAG1672.jpg

IMAG1673.jpg

IMAG1674.jpg

IMAG1675.jpg

No it's all continental at the moment, the extension will have an airport but that's as far as planning has gone. It's down to funding, the main guy was not there today so I left my card and offered my help. They need help and guidance as it's just two guys doing this at the moment as they lost most of the volunteers. I would be great to see this finished and it's a great attraction at the minute, they get 40 to 60 visitors a day.

Wow, 10-15k a year is about as much as the Fry used get iirc, and all the more amazing that it's two lads!

I thought it was a 'man shed' type thing with lots of helping hands? Two hardly sounds enough to open the doors and operate the layout, let alone make progress on builds?