New models?

Rate this topic

217 RIVER FLESK

It's the 201s and Cravens they are trying to clear. The 141/181s are more or less sold out everywhere.

It's a shame that the Cravens haven't sold as perhaps people would have hoped for - a truly first class model - I guess it's the early liveries that are the slowest sellers?

As to the 201s, bit of an awkward one - how many people binned their Lima ones in order to replace them with the later version? Not me. The front end of the green & silver livery can't have helped sales either...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that the Cravens haven't sold as perhaps people would have hoped for - a truly first class model - I guess it's the early liveries that are the slowest sellers?

As to the 201s, bit of an awkward one - how many people binned their Lima ones in order to replace them with the later version? Not me. The front end of the green & silver livery can't have helped sales either...

I never bought any of the early livery Cravens, but I still might. How many were released in that livery? Was it only three?

As to the 201s' date=' bit of an awkward one - how many people binned their Lima ones in order to replace them with the later version? Not me. The front end of the green & silver livery can't have helped sales either...[/quote']

The early liveries are scare on the ground these days except for maybe the 1st class coach. They will eventually sell as will the 201s and the 071s and the 121 will come. It will just take time.

The early liveries are scare on the ground these days except for maybe the 1st class coach..

They are indeed. I got 1504 on ebay the other day for about €45, 1149 the 1st class went for about the same money. They are hard to get alright but the other 5-6 can be found handy enough and pop up on ebay all the time but are on the pricey side usually. You like to get a few done in RPSI blue livery but the yellow detailing would be hard.

Out of interest, what 201 livery do yous think is most popular? I would have said IE orange as people want them for earlier layouts as they're more popular, but there are probably still a lot floating around from Lima 201s...

I can't say that there is a definitive answer Vincent. I would say that 201 in the revised livery was a good seller. I think that MM corrected the warning panel on 210. The warning panels on 201-222-229 don't look to be the correct shape when compared to the prototype. I think this was mentioned in the MR review of 201. There are still some 203-8208-210-222-229 models in the shops. I am a bit unsure about the uppermost green shade on 222-229, however the shades of orange on the original and revised IE models look great when compared to photos. I think 8208 looks fantastic but I think a narrow green strip was added to her after the Enterprise coaches started to be repainted. As it is though it is correct for when it was overhauled and turned out in the new Enterprise livery. My own personal favourite of my 201 models is 220 she was always my favourite prototype loco, and I love that livery. 203 was running around with the blanks fitted over the cab front footsteps and the body side air intake grilles at the electrical end of the prototype in a grey undercoat color before she was repainted into the revised IE livery. It's at times like this you realize the importance of taking photos as it is a historical livery now.

Rich,

I can't say that there is a definitive answer Vincent. I would say that 201 in the revised livery was a good seller. I think that MM corrected the warning panel on 210. The warning panels on 201-222-229 don't look to be the correct shape when compared to the prototype. I think this was mentioned in the MR review of 201. There are still some 203-8208-210-222-229 models in the shops. I am a bit unsure about the uppermost green shade on 222-229, however the shades of orange on the original and revised IE models look great when compared to photos. I think 8208 looks fantastic but I think a narrow green strip was added to her after the Enterprise coaches started to be repainted. As it is though it is correct for when it was overhauled and turned out in the new Enterprise livery. My own personal favourite of my 201 models is 220 she was always my favourite prototype loco, and I love that livery. 203 was running around with the blanks fitted over the cab front footsteps and the body side air intake grilles at the electrical end of the prototype in a grey undercoat color before she was repainted into the revised IE livery. It's at times like this you realize the importance of taking photos as it is a historical livery now.

Rich,

220 is my favourite as well! Love her!

I'd love a 22k too

What a 22k!!!

M.

It's short hand for the 22000 series ICR sets.

NIR shortened their 3000 series make by CAF to the C3Ks and then C4Ks.

So rail fans have shortened the 29000s to 29Ks once then went form the 2900 to 29000 series with the follow on sets being delivered. And the 22000s to 22Ks.

Big fan of the 22Ks, would love to have one on the layout (which still doesnt exist yet). I am a fan of what you can see on the rails here and now rather than what was. Park Royals and Steam traction are lost on me I'm afraid! More into diesels and rail cars.

I would like to see a model of the 22K some day, whether ready to run or kit based. Had thoughts of creating my own. Especially after seeing Kirleys good work on his workbench. Not to mention the rather excellent layout from the model railway show in Wexford town (see pictures) =D Picked up a Virgin Voyager second hand to use as a donor. But starting to think a class 170 might make a better base. Any thoughts gentlemen???

028.jpg

029.jpg

Just my tuppence worth, but as far as new models go, I'd love to see the A class/001's getting the Murphy Models treatment. I know it's unlikely to happen, especially as it's already been done by Silverfox, and everyone already owns at least one, but such an iconic loco really deserves better.....

While respecting your views on this model, I am disappointed you give John Hazleton no credit for attempting a representation of this historic railcar.

His attempts are not the best a lot of the time. I recall the model of D0280 Falcon, you could see that it was a mould of a Lima 47.

And dont get me started on the A/C classes.......

but I could buy a Bachmann cravens DMU for €90.00 and simply give it a new livery.

It would be a far better detailed model and would cost quite a bit less.

Funny you should say that - the SF model is basically a Cravens 105 repainted. He took too long to release his own models, got overtook by Bachmann and needed a way to get rid of what he had