New models?

Rate this topic

217 RIVER FLESK

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if PM has relinquished control of MM and somebody else has taken over the reins, just a thought!

Do you have any anything to back this up? Unfounded speculation isn't really appropriate.

Edited by Garfield

Thanks for the update, Wrenn. It's good to hear that.

However, my own personal feeling on the issue is that such an update should be on the MM website, and not coming from dealers of MM products.

He has no update to give us

Still dealing with the manufacturers and when he has an update it will be here for everyone to see

I think Wrenn's post sums things up nicely. Can we now stop with the hearsay comments, conspiracy theories, criticisms of strategy, business decisions etc of Murphy Models please? If you want official communication from Murphy Models please contact the man directly or await patiently the communique on his website or via Wrenn Eire and dont hassle him (Wrenn) for a response. He will pass it on when he gets it. Thank you.

What does 'worked' mean? MM is not going to offer widespread discounts or recall vast amounts of models. We wont know if the public complaining has 'worked' until the next MM model which shows an improvement. Suggesting that Kevin contacting MM directly and privately will somehow magically resolve the issue is totally ludicrous.

Also, it has already been stated in another thread that MM was aware of this forum and the opinions on the ST mk2s.

Thanks, David. It's that other thread I was referring to. Fran, I'm canceling my insanity consultation with the psychiatrist.......phew!:)

Too early to say I'm afraid. You may well find that all the 'bleating' will make MM put an extra procedure in place to ensure that the next model, if there is one, is totally up to par quality-wise.

I think we can forget about getting a public acknowledgement from MM. I doubt they'd be willing to do that as they'd be shooting themselves in the foot as regards shifting the remaining stock.

I'd like to add that I have actually purchased some ST mk2s and there is nothing on mine that would make them not fit for sale.

It's not all the stock, best guess less than a third of them. I'm probably going to get a rake but need to do it in person. Distance selling not going to work for me in this instance

Thanks, David. It's that other thread I was referring to. Fran, I'm canceling my insanity consultation with the psychiatrist.......phew!:)

We'll have to agree to disagree Kevin (about methods of complaint, not the insanity bit!). If I have a problem with a product I would go to the manufacturer directly. I done it before with a US outline steam loco. They engaged with me and resolved the issue. I didnt go on forums and give out over and over again in the hope that the manufacturer would see them. Some people seem to want to do that on here rather than send PM an email. If he doesnt get back to a customer in a reasonable timeframe then I would understand the moaning. If people want to do things differently then that's up to them and that's fair enough.

Anyway, this topic seems to bring out very emotive feelings amongst some. I think for the sake of the forum there is no need to go over the issues with the coaches again as it's been done to death already a couple of times now. I dont see the need to discuss this every few weeks and think it's best left until new developments take place.

Edited by Warbonnet

Fran, I don't think we're disagreeing as much as you think. I agree with you that it is best to go directly to the head of the problem. That's what I usually do, believe you me. I think MM is well aware of the issue, that's all and our opinions may differ there. No more to be said on the matter now, I agree. I hope that more good models coaches come from MM and a 121, a succession within MM if that's possible/necessary or another vendor to fill that niche if necessary. I love these models in general as is the case with most or all on this site, I suspect.

We'll have to agree to disagree Kevin (about methods of complaint, not the insanity bit!). If I have a problem with a product I would go to the manufacturer directly. I done it before with a US outline steam loco. They engaged with me and resolved the issue. I didnt go on forums and give out over and over again in the hope that the manufacturer would see them. Some people seem to want to do that on here rather than send PM an email. If he doesnt get back to a customer in a reasonable timeframe then I would understand the moaning. If people want to do things differently then that's up to them and that's fair enough.

It's all very well saying contact the manufacturer direct if you have a problem, I did exactly that when I had an issue with a 201 & heard absolutely nothing back - not even a cover all email saying that I must go back to the retailer that I bought the item from (which I couldn't do, as by then they'd sold out of the particular model).

It's all very well saying contact the manufacturer direct if you have a problem, I did exactly that when I had an issue with a 201 & heard absolutely nothing back - not even a cover all email saying that I must go back to the retailer that I bought the item from (which I couldn't do, as by then they'd sold out of the particular model).

I have to agree with 217 RF, I emailed MM with a query a couple of years ago and received a reply about 8 weeks later saying that they did not deal with public and to contact a retailer for the information. Only last week I enquired of one of the Big Model Railway Retailers in the ROI if he had any feed back from MM, re the problems with the current Mk2D coaches. He said he had heard not a word since the start of the controversy, so even the retailers seem to be in the dark.

I have to agree with 217 RF, I emailed MM with a query a couple of years ago and received a reply about 8 weeks later saying that they did not deal with public and to contact a retailer for the information. Only last week I enquired of one of the Big Model Railway Retailers in the ROI if he had any feed back from MM, re the problems with the current Mk2D coaches. He said he had heard not a word since the start of the controversy, so even the retailers seem to be in the dark.

Funnily I have the opposite experience. I emailed PM twice re queries and both were answers promptly. Try that with bachmann

As with so many things, people seem to get different responses from MM. I had a problem recently with a broke buffer on a 141/181, and, after two emails to MM, spares came in the post from quite where I don't know. Very often you just have to both patient and persistent - they are humans like us, after all.

Stephen

Funny I went to a retailer who has a small shop up north outside ballymena and he said he would never work with MM again after the problems retailers had with MM during his Lima days. A good bit before my step into modelling. Now my opinion I think the current batch of Loco's are some of the best looking and detailed models in the UK/Irish market I just wish Mr Murphy you would consider yes Mr Murphy consider us modellers North of the border. Your NIR Loco's 111/201's are great models to look at and run but some coaching stock to run with them would be great or even current hoppers. I mean I'm sure you's guys South would still purchase NIR stuff to

Funny I went to a retailer who has a small shop up north outside ballymena and he said he would never work with MM again after the problems retailers had with MM during his Lima days. A good bit before my step into modelling. Now my opinion I think the current batch of Loco's are some of the best looking and detailed models in the UK/Irish market I just wish Mr Murphy you would consider yes Mr Murphy consider us modellers North of the border. Your NIR Loco's 111/201's are great models to look at and run but some coaching stock to run with them would be great or even current hoppers. I mean I'm sure you's guys South would still purchase NIR stuff to

I think that ended in court so the less said the better!!

As with so many things, people seem to get different responses from MM. I had a problem recently with a broke buffer on a 141/181, and, after two emails to MM, spares came in the post from quite where I don't know. Very often you just have to both patient and persistent - they are humans like us, after all.

Stephen

I'm curious about the nature of the complaints that MM is receiving from some people. If you receive a loco from a retailer and it's damaged, it's the responsibility of the retailer to remedy the situation. Personally, I wouldn't be contacting MM, or any other manufacturer, over broken buffer or missing detail part.

BTW no offence intended Stephen, the fact you got sorted by PM just shows that he does try to accommodate people.

Personally, I wouldn't be contacting MM, or any other manufacturer, over broken buffer or missing detail part.

If you have an issue with a new locomotive, the retailer should resolve the problem. However, the leaflet that comes with the 141/181s produced by Bachmann, states that for service or parts you should contact MM direct.

Just saying NIRclass80 that that was clearly the case and the rest of my post if I'm not mistaken was singing MM praises so surely the more said the better as it shows that what ever happened in the past has clearly been rectified and his new range as I said are very fine looking and running well up there with Bachmann and defnitley better than Hornby.

And yes I don't know what the trading laws are like south of the border but in the uk if your TV breaks you don't phone/email Sony/Samsung you phone currys/euronics they fix or replace not the manufacturer so why people would u contact MM I don't know. If the retailer has to replace then it's for the retailer to contact manufacturers to be reimbursed. How long do you think you would wait for one of these Huge company's to reply to emails a lot longer than what MM would take to reply I bet. And it clearly states on MM website that email is only for trade not complaints or queries about a little plastic buffer.

Just saying NIRclass80 that that was clearly the case and the rest of my post if I'm not mistaken was singing MM praises so surely the more said the better as it shows that what ever happened in the past has clearly been rectified and his new range as I said are very fine looking and running well up there with Bachmann and defnitley better than Hornby.

Could you stop quoting this hearsay again please? It could be interpreted as defamatory against the party mentioned. Thanks.