Kerry Model Railway Society

Rate this topic

irishrail201

Im not so sure Blaine! No one seems to be able to join and take part as there are no events, I believe it has been done for business reasons only and not for the pure interest in model railways

A poorly named 'society' then, perhaps a name change is in order :)

Im not so sure Blaine! No one seems to be able to join and take part as there are no events, I believe it has been done for business reasons only and not for the pure interest in model railways

I know a few years back there was a railway exhibition in Killarney beside the new Tourist Office, but it has been closed for a few years. There was an admission charge but I have to say it was worth it. Not sure is this shines any light on the matter!

Hi guys, don't know much about this myself an I live in Tralee I think 2local business men are involved as been said already trying to buy layout from Chester mrc, hoping for permanent display in Tralee ,I will try an dig up more info on this lookup radio kerry & the kerryman papers website, but give me a bit of time ? Computer an me not on friendly terms.

that's what usually happens,

Even though Im supposed to be working with them??? Not even a mention to me. I hope it [chester mrc layout] doesn't end up like the actual railway i.e ruined, because if we remember that was run by business people "into the ground" as one lecturer once said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saaw this a few weeks ago. The sound editing and overuse of stock sounds of mainline steam locos superimposed on black and white shots of wobbly little locos will make garfield ill. unlike rte's editing dept. you certainly cant knock the enthusiasm of the locals though, and they've done a crackin job. plenty more railway generations to come.