Dream Ciity Railway

Rate this topic

roy

Hi Gents,

My private railway covers 1500 square feet. 30 trains run simultaneously through 17 stations all named after my grandchildren.

This is 0 gauge coarse scale stock running on fine scale track. If you click on the link below shots around the layout will be seen

I hope you enjoy what you see.

Roy. .

Hi Tony,

The layout is automated. It is controlled from a central control room with the aid of closed circuit television monitors.

It requires over 100 amps at between 12 and 20 volts.

centralcontrolroom.jpg

Hi Gents,

Thanks for your compliments and warm welcome they are appreciated. In answer to your questions.

It has taken me 16 years to build this railway in my retirement.

The railway is based loosely on London's railways.

The stock is ready to run by Ace Trains of London, Darstaed of Thailand and Heljan of Denmark and Seven Mills DJH.

The Deltic was manufactured by Heljan.

I have loads of photographs I can post later.

If you click on the link below this shows some of the stock manufactured by Ace Trains of London passing through Leesam Town station.

Classes to be seen in this clip are West country, Schools, Castles, Metro Vics and Bulldog.

Roy.

roy, congrats on a splended layout! i always loved the southern railways west counrties, but can you explain why they were also called the' merchant navy' the and 'battle of britan' class? that always confused me a little (but then it wouldnt take much to do that anyway!!) seamus

Edited by heirflick

roy, congrats on a splended layout! i always loved the southern railways west counrties, but can you explain why they were also called the'merchant navy' the and 'battleof britan' class? that always confused me a little (but then it wouldnt take muck to do that anyway!!) seamus

Merchant Navy class were named after shipping lines.

Battle of Britain class were named after units, airfiields, people and aircraft associated with the Battle of Britain

roy, congrats on a splended layout! i always loved the southern railways west counrties, but can you explain why they were also called the'merchant navy' the and 'battleof britan' class? that always confused me a little (but then it wouldnt take muck to do that anyway!!) seamus

The main difference between the Merchant Navy class and the West Country and Battle of Britain classes was weight.

The Merchant Navy class weighed in at 94 tons 15cwt and were restricted on route availability.

The West Country and Battle of Britain classes weighed in at 86 tons.

Roy.

img0160800x533.jpg

Coronation leaving Clairetown tunnel

laurenhillstation.jpg

Lauren Hill station in the foreground and Clairetown Cross main line station at top of the picture.

p1000103s.jpg

Looking West towards Leesam Town station.

victoriastreetstation.jpg

London Victoria Street terminus.

p1000121m.jpg

Looking West in the North Shed.

p1000100r.jpg

Looking East in the South shed.

dream20city20named1.jpg

A basic track plan.

p1000151b.jpg

Dreamland Amusement park a fully operational funfair.

p1000137p.jpg

Looking East in the North shed.

p1000183r.jpg

Clairetown Cross Station.

p1000199n.jpg

Hannah Park Station.

turntablevw.jpg

Turntable part view.

The main difference between the Merchant Navy class and the West Country and Battle of Britain classes was weight.

The Merchant Navy class weighed in at 94 tons 15cwt and were restricted on route availability.

The West Country and Battle of Britain classes weighed in at 86 tons.

Roy.

every day is a learning day! thanks

Hi There,

Having shown you my railway there is only one way to see it and that is by train.

Jump aboard this locomotive to see the yellow and green lines on the track diagram.

This ride takes approximately 15 minutes.

Please click on the link below.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
A man of great taste! Best British steam loco ever built (I reckon I'll get some stick for that!) Bassett Lowke?

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the comments they are appreciated.

The locomotives are made by Ace Trains of London.

Although I do run Bassett Lowke I consider the latest Ace Trains locomotives to be superior.

When time permits I will photograph some of the other locomotives manufactured by this company.

Roy.

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the comments they are appreciated.

The locomotives are made by Ace Trains of London.

Although I do run Bassett Lowke I consider the latest Ace Trains locomotives to be superior.

When time permits I will photograph some of the other locomotives manufactured by this company.

Roy.

Thanks for sharing Roy and this layout is truly amazing as the lads have said. 0 gauge does provide for amazing detail if one has the space, time, finances and expertise to build a large layout. Your layout is, quite simply - amazing.