spell checker

Rate this question

heirflick

Question

boskonay, is there any chance that a spell checker can be incorporated into the site similar to the old one? tried to download the ie spell and if changed settings on my computer and i found getting the thing unstalled a but of a struggle. as you can guess im not great on computers!:confused: any help would be great seamus

10 answers to this question

boskonay, is there any chance that a spell checker can be incorporated into the site similar to the old one? tried to download the ie spell and if changed settings on my computer and i found getting the thing unstalled a but of a struggle. as you can guess im not great on computers!:confused: any help would be great seamus

Seamus if you use Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer to browse the internet it has a spell checker and a translator service built in. Very handy. Anyway, worth a look https://www.google.com/chrome/?installdataindex=nosearch&hl=en-GB&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en-GB&utm_source=en-GB-ha-emea-ie-sk&utm_medium=ha

have installed it and now im lost....god i hate computers!:confused:

i cant seem to use the chrome..cant find anything. so ithink i will go back to the beginning and ask the mods will they considder incorporating spell checker ...if for no other reason than to stop me putting my boot thrrough the monitor!!!:((

Edited by heirflick

help please....im a man on the edge!!!:confused::(:((

With Google's Chrome browser, as you type incorrectly it puts a wiggly red line under the word. If you spell something wrong and want to correct it, right click on top of the word, without needing to highlight it, and select the one you're looking for.

With Google's Chrome browser, as you type incorrectly it puts a wiggly red line under the word. If you spell something wrong and want to correct it, right click on top of the word, without needing to highlight it, and select the one you're looking for.

understood, but the machine i use, which is slowing up as it is , it is difficult to use the crome(not much of an excuse i know) so i uninstalled it. now everything is running ok. i will try installing it again when the little one comes in from school--she knows infinately more than i do! thanks anyway glenderg

use the spell checker on Internet explorer it should work i use it all the time, if it not on your tool bar go into your tool bar marked more and click on spelling checker it will then apper on your tool bar just click to use