Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

Surprised myself with a couple of hours in the attic this evening, so managed to clear away the board and do some more work on the backscene.

The rock faces are a mix from Rubber Rocks, a US corp, with an initial filler of polystyrene covered with Hanging Basket Liner. Lots to do, but progress feels nice!

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Good to see activity on Amiens Street again, and me thinking you lost your mojo 2015, must have been distracted in another direction.

A business getting Busy and a new little girl - well distracted I was :) Luckily now the business is calm and the little girl madder than ever :) (but loves her trains :) )

• 2 months later...
Looks great Bos' date=' the retaining walls are fantastic:tumbsup:[/quote']

Thanks Dave and Des

They are from the Ten Commandments range and are well cast but a bugger to get to fit together in a straight line.

I'll need to touch them up with some DAS clay and paint them up. (And apply some foliage)

Thanks all for the encouragement! My scenic skills are still very much in the ha'penny place compared to the other greats on here!

The plan is indeed to balance out the embankments but I wanted to retain as much access as possible and build the layout from the back scene out. Plan is another embankment about half as high as the walls on the right of the track, in the empty black space to the left of the track. It will run from the tunnel down to 'ground' level just before the branch entrance and should help balance out the cutting!

• 11 months later...

Amiens, Mark 2!

(perhaps I should commence a new thread?)

Following several years in the doldrums, Amiens is getting a reboot, including a new trackplan, that is slightly more aligned with the prototype.. (tho still with many compromises!)

More anon...

Amiens-Actual-December2017v8_layout.jpg

Amiens, Mark 2!

(perhaps I should commence a new thread?)

Following several years in the doldrums, Amiens is getting a reboot, including a new trackplan, that is slightly more aligned with the prototype.. (tho still with many compromises!)

More anon...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27292[/ATTACH]

I really like that track plan. Looking good Stephen. Loads of operating potential. I re-read this great thread only month or so ago. Really looking forward to following Amiens street's evolution as it progresses in time.

Noel

• 1 year later...