Gm 121

Rate this question

Liverbird81

Question

11 answers to this question

Well we have had a few years of relentless pounding of our wallets, not that I mind that much since we got some pretty great models. But maybe a more of a break between releases would result in an upsurge of initial purchases when they are released.

As Dave said, I think these are quite a long way off. Until Paddy clears the stock he has in the warehouse of 201's, the remaining Cravens, the MKII carraiges and the 071's, then he won't be going anywhere near production of the 121's.

Well we have had a few years of relentless pounding of our wallets, not that I mind that much since we got some pretty great models. But maybe a more of a break between releases would result in an upsurge of initial purchases when they are released.

Indeed, agree on all points.

Totally adore the 141/181's, Cravens, MKII's and the 071's and glad they were released. But as you more or less refer to in your last sentence, even taking the subject of the 071's on their own, to me there are more left in stock than I would have imagined at this stage, given the initial excitement and anticipation of their arrival. Perhaps that is due to typical talk and the inevitable less take up and/or the cost factor of them all combined.

But conversely, there was such a clamour for them to be released, the consumer got what they asked for.

Edited by Blu Bianco

Guest hidden-agenda

Would any of you consider scratch building a 121 model ? Drawings are out there and it has a fairly straight forward body shape.

I would say the 121 is at least 3/4 years away remember there is still another 2x201's to come first. NIR blue and original enterprise liveries. So get out there and start buying.

I think that time frame is more like it.

I have one resin MIR 121 which I would like to re chassis

soon.The 071s are expensive,and for me I would

like to get a CIE one and 077 in IE.I still have to get

some autoballasters at some stage.

Would any of you consider scratch building a 121 model ? Drawings are out there and it has a fairly straight forward body shape.

Hmmm now theres a challenge, how about a group challenge & we ll all build one? knowing my luck the rtr will be out just as i'm finishing one.

Doing my bit 230, 077x2, 085 due on the bench in the next few months plus of course two packs of auto ballasters

Edited by Riversuir226

Guest hidden-agenda
Hmmm now theres a challenge, how about a group challenge & we ll all build one? knowing my luck the rtr will be out just as i'm finishing one.

Doing my bit 230, 077x2, 085 due on the bench in the next few months plus of course two packs of auto ballasters

Your probably right the RTR version would appear but hell hath no fury like a good idea, just tinkering with an idea for a decent power plant if i had a go. Am watching your work bench by the way its good stuff.:tumbsup: