irishrail123

Video Website Updates

The Belmond Grand Hibernian train took to the rails during the early hours of Wednesday 10th August when it worked a 0025 Heuston - Mallow & 0330 Mallow - Inchicore Trial Train with 216 providing the power. The outward trial passed Portarlington at 0246, 86 minutes late. The train was delayed due to a late departure from Inchicore to Heuston.

Click http://smu.gs/2b1BwBf to watch the video.

Two videos of 216 and the Belmond Grand Hibernian Mark 3 rake operating on the DSE line yesterday, Saturday 15 April 2017.

09.45 Inchicore to Gorey (Q600)

Service: 09.45 Gorey to Inchicore (Q601)

I've just uploaded a video of 086 and 'The South Kerry Railtour' passing Clondalkin/Fonthill on 5th May 2017.

[video=youtube;XzFPAD_oR-g]

Also my previous video of the Belmond Grand Hibernian arriving and stabling at Gorey Station on the 29th April 2017 is also available:

I've just uploaded a video of RPSI No. 461 passing Booterstown on 15th June 2017.

And my previous video of 077 on 'The Slaney' railtour on a wet August day.

I've put together a video of passenger trains filmed while waiting for some of the more unusual movements this year

• Like 2

On 25/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, robbie58 said:

I've put together a video of passenger trains filmed while waiting for some of the more unusual movements this year

Very nice video Robbie with some great scenes.  The mk4 sets are great to watch from outside and even better to travel in.  I miss the mk3 sets.  The well shot and composed video segments even made 22k's look like proper trains as opposed to Luas-Mor! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieB said:

I came across this recently - a very good watch.

Stephen

Pure nostalgia gold.  Thanks for posting.  The numerous Bulleid open beat wagons were the essence of beat transport and open goods traffic for decades on our railways.  A few were to be seen in the sidings in every single station in Ireland during the 50s to late 70s and even into the early 80s.   If one day it ever became an IRM project I suspect it might be their most commercially successful wagon and numerically the biggest seller of all time for a quality Irish RTR wagon.  One day perhaps! :) I wonder how many of these still exist in preservation, storage or even a few back gardens along the railways.

Another good one - some stretches of the track look almost derelict while others look as if major work has been carried out.

Stephen

• Informative 1

A journey on the Luas Cross City, filmed during an evacuation trial. Passenger eye view from Dominick to St. Stephens Green, followed by the view from the rear of the tram from St. Stephens Green to Broombridge.