DLR / MRSI Exhibition Dun Laoghaire Town Hall August 24/25th

Rate this topic

Blaine

999164_10151547555092218_1941616191_n.jpg

The Model Railway Society of Ireland in association with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is proud to be hosting a Model Railway & Hobbies exhibition on August 24th & 25th 2013 at the offices of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council/Comhairle Chontae Dhún Laoghaire Ráth an Dúin, County Hall, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.

The Exhibition will be held in the main public gallery and will be open from 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturday & Sunday. With 24 Model layouts and Displays on show here's just a few that will be attending:

O'Connell Street: This layout is a 4mm scale (1:76) representation of our premier street and its trams as it was in the last year of tramway operated in our capital city 1949. The buildings on the west side of the street have been modelled using ordnance survey maps and photographs of the period. The civic monuments including Nelsons Column “the pillar” grace the centre of the street. Many figures of people in the model including cyclists, horse transport and “internal combustion engine vehicles” sharing space with working trams, busses and trucks.

LEGO: We hope again this year to see this fantastic display of Lego trains (in Irish liveries and others) & buildings by the members of Brick.ie & friends. Not one to miss.

Mill Road Sidings: The North Down MRC. This is your chance to fest your skills at shunting.

Town of two Brothers: This is a beautiful little N gauge (scale 1:148) layout owned by one the members of the M.R.S.I. Watch out for Thomas and Percy!....

Castlefinn: Built by one of our Members this OO9 gauge layout of Castlefinn, Co. Donegal (on the Donegal narrow

gauge railway line). It shows Castlefinn as it would be today if it were reopened by a preservation society.

Other Layouts/Displays Canal Street, New York - M.R.S.I. Member. Letterkenny - Donegal Heritage Railway

Irish Railway Record Society - Selection of photographs of Irish railway history. We would also like to thank The South Dublin MRC, Wexford MRC, North Down MRC, 1st Bangor MRC and to all the privately owned layouts on display.

The show is also well represented by the model trade (12 stands) including Marks Models, Michel Morris Card Kits, Sean Ryan Trains, R.N.L.I. memorabilia and many others with dolls housed to model cars. Also available to purchase from The M.R.S.I. club stand will be our exclusive 50th Anniversary OO gauge wagon from Dapol.

The Model Railway Society of Ireland has a reputation of staging some of the best exhibitions for model railway enthusiasts in the

country and ensures a pleasurable outing for all members of the family, representing exceptional value for money. Admission prices are: Adults € 5.00 Children: € 2.00 (free if accompanied by an adult)

Floor plan:

1010245_10151547556002218_39908888_n.jpg

Edited by Blaine

Just to avoid any confusion can the above post be edited... The Model Railway Society of Ireland in association with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is proud to be hosting a Model Railway & Hobbies exhibition on August 24th & 25th 2011 at the offices of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council/Comhairle Chontae Dhún Laoghaire Ráth an Dúin, County Hall, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.

... reads 2011 in the text

• 2 weeks later...
I will not be there.

Pity you didnt make it, there was bucketloads of Marklin there this year!

I have to say it was the best show I've been at in this country so far. Some really good layouts and lots of bargains which resulted in me spending too much money. A great credit to the MRSI and other clubs who brought their layouts with them. A credit to all concerned! :tumbsup:

Attended the show today, and couldn't agree more with the sentiments above. A really great show, well laid out and something for everyone. It was great to see lots of families there aswell. The finished O'Connell Street tram layout has really come to life since the first time I saw it, really impressive! Also got to meet And chat with Dave and Eoin (baseboards and Darts) great to see people getting up off their behinds and trying something new. (Glazed Dart model is fantastic! Price is a whole other topic!) Staying on topic, would highly recommend a visit if you have time tomorrow! And don't bring your wallet, because like Warbonnet, I'm sitting here now wondering how I'm gonna feed myself for the next 2 weeks! Lots of bargains to be had!