'Kent Station' build

Rate this topic

scahalane

This layout continues to ooze atmosphere and it’s the attention to details on the buildings lifts it into the superb category. Being located in the confines of a roof space provides an extra challenge and I was wondering how you are going to address the problem of providing a ‘background’ to hide the rafters and foil roof covering?

• 3 years later...

I still remember stumbling upon this thread a few years back when I had only just joined as a member, and was totally blown away by this layout. It will be great to see some photos of how it has progressed since then.

Edited by jason brady
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have you no consideration, as to how most of the rest of us are feeling right now,

All I see are old prototype photos placed under someones attic.

Wheres the model layout you promised?

You even went to the trouble of having jars of scenics on a shelf to make us believe its a model.

garage is sublime

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Congratulations, Sean, that is truly remarkable - I wish that the late Drew Donaldson (who modelled CIE, but WITHOUT scenery) could see it. Of course, he would not be keen on the line of Paddy diesels in Glanmire shed. You'll have to get a gang of your mates on this site to bring their J15s, Woolwiches, CBSCR 4-6-0Ts and 800s (there are a few around?) to fill the shed throat with steam locos for an unrepeatable model photo shoot!

Completely recreates a very well-known scene.

• Like 1

Scahalane,  when I got home tonight, I had a look at all 5 pages, of your layout on a better screen n faster upload, i read every comment going back since u started, like everyone else i am totally gobsmacked n amazed not only at your skills, the layout design, it's build, more so the atmosphere you have created, thank you for sharing, then I realised my photo joke may be taken in bad taste, I didn't know you had used photos, I didn't mean that at all at all at all, ,, please forgive.

You started with H' Select controller, admitted you needed to fast track learn Dcc, wiring took ages, n then got side tracked running trains,,, that gives me so much hope. Thanks I love what you done,  the pic with the steps tween the houses perfectly describes your attic layout, Stairway to heaven.

• Like 1