"The Deeps" layout

Rate this topic

enniscorthyman

Eamonn thanks for re-posting, you could never get tired of looking at layouts of this class and standard. I love the ballast train and ploughvan, the Generator on the craven set and the executive coaches. The scenery and the harbour are brilliantly detailed and add to an overall top rate layout. Your friend must be very proud of his work.

What a fabulous layout Eamonn. Rural and urban no problem. I'm really impressed by the small detail all over the place, especially the two different types of ballast brake wagon on the PW train. It looks about 20' x 12' in size. Just for pig iron, what size is it? Love the incline joining the mainline, really well done all over the shop. Richie.

What a fabulous layout Eamonn. Rural and urban no problem. I'm really impressed by the small detail all over the place, especially the two different types of ballast brake wagon on the PW train. It looks about 20' x 12' in size. Just for pig iron, what size is it? Love the incline joining the mainline, really well done all over the shop. Richie.

I have no idea the size Richie,the owner is a member on this

site,and I was onto him last night to take a bow.Some aspects

of the layout were not shown,but can be seen on my YouTube

Page.

Eamonn

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Glad ye like the photos guys.

The headlights are not to bad to wire up Shem.

You follow the standard wiring for directional lighting.

The main problem I found is light bleed around the headlamp area.I built up a small box of plasticard around

the headlamp area and painted it black.It is possible to do the pilot lights as working as well, however I have not gone down this road yet.

Great pics of a gorgeous layout. A little slice of Irish railways and countryside brought to life, and a fine model of 001 at the head of a good rake of authentic wagons rumbling through it; it's all there. Top notch stuff. This should be in a railway mag, if it hasn't already been.