New member looking for South Dublin Model Railway Location?

Rate this question

Chevron

Question

Hi all,

New member here. know nothing about trains .. well apart from they run on something i think is called a track or rails :)

Only modelling i have done was plenty of airfix aircraft 18 years ago.

So im getting into Trains and modelling due to an interest in trains for years. Starting small with basic oval and hornby trackpacks A and B.

Starting to get some modelling/crafting experience with the help of http://www.wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk/railside.html

So im looking to meet others and have found that http://www.sdmrc.hobbysites.net/news.php is only across the road from me and they meet on a Wednesday.

Was hoping to turn up tonight and have a chat but cannot find there actual address all i know is its in Knocklyon.

Does anyone here know were about it is?

Cheers

Chevron

13 answers to this question

http://www.sdmrc.hobbysites.net/contact.php

Drop them a line

And if all else fails you are always welcome to join us in the MRSI, Dorset St

We meet Weds & Fridays

I had tried that first and still haven't got a response. I assume the website is not looked after very often.

Will arrive at the door at opening time and see if anyone opens up.

€400 a year ?? em a bit pricey for me at this early stage.

I had tried that first and still haven't got a response. I assume the website is not looked after very often.

Will arrive at the door at opening time and see if anyone opens up.

€400 a year ?? em a bit pricey for me at this early stage.

MRSI is €50 for the year, but its paid at the beginning of each year so you may be offered a discount - not a guarantee mind. The €400 per year for the SDMRC is down to how they fund their premises, but not really for public discussion

Hi Chevron & welcome on board, lot's of stuff on here, mostly trains, surprise, surprise, also here's a phone number I got some time ago when I got the bug, this may be a bit late, if your already there, take care the LANE ENTRANCE TO THE CLUB IS TWO WAY, & IT'S NARROW !

Local Directions

Our address is Knocklyon, Tallaght, Dublin 16.

Arriving by the M50 motorway, you will leave the M50 by Junction 12 (the Firhouse exit). Coming up the slip road, follow the signs for Knocklyon through the roundabouts Then a left onto the Scholarstown Road and a further left at the traffic lights opposite the Knocklyon Shopping Centre.

Keep going straight along the Knocklyon Road until you reach a left turn for an estate called Knockfield Manor. Having taken the left turn, there should be an entrance to a laneway (with an overhead barrier) ahead of you. Drive up this lane (beware of pedestrians & motorcyclists) and bearing right at the pedestrian bridge you will reach the entrance to our clubhouse (a green two storey building)

Failing the above another option is to leave the M50 at Jct. 12 as above and find your way to the Knocklyon Inn (aka Delaney's). Then ring Paul Daly on

086 812 6112 and we will come and meet you in the car-park and guide you the rest of the way.