Dublin air show

Rate this topic

heirflick

Aye... best stay in the south of the Liffey if you don't want to be blinded by the sun!

Really wanted to see the Vulcan, too. However, the A380 has disappeared from the website but is still being advertised on the radio ads, so maybe... just maybe!

I just looked at the website, and the A380 is still listed. Had a quick look at their FB page too, and see no mention of it been cancelled. There is some talk of the weather forecast for Sunday being bad, though.... :confused:

I just looked at the website, and the A380 is still listed. Had a quick look at their FB page too, and see no mention of it been cancelled. There is some talk of the weather forecast for Sunday being bad, though.... :confused:

Strange, it wasn't there when I checked it earlier. Anyway, it'll be nice to see one over Dublin! Fingers crossed the weather holds out!

Watched it online and from the garden also had flight radar on ! Great selection of aircraft and the weather picked up. No rain for the show itself bit dull at times and windy but went very well I thought. I'm quite near baldonnel so i got to see a lot of aircraft lower than they would have seen in the city centre. The A380 even went over my garden :banana:

It was a cracker of a show. Going down Buckingham Street toward Connolly and there's an A320 banking out of the clouds over Connolly. Mind blowing. Got home in time to see an A340 and the beast A380. Ryanair had "You'll never beat the irish" written on the underbelly, got a good laugh from the crowd. R.

DSCF7997.jpg

DSCF8007.jpg

DSCF8008.jpg

For anyone who missed it today Aer Tv will be showing some of it on demand on their website. They had major problems streamig it live and their coverage is not exactly Sky Sports like, but it gives you an idea of what it was like, sit back and enjoy :tumbsup:http://www.aertv.ie/live/flightfest/

I had this streaming live with laptop hooked up to the tv and flight radar on another screen while duckig in and out of the garden to see them overhead and to see the ones using Baldonnel take off / land.

Edited by Grange Castle

They're great pics Glenderg, it really is a beast of a plane! Was at the show myself, was very well organised and got a good viewing spot too! Only had the phone with me so photo quality isn't great. Here's a few snaps;

2013-09-15170329_zps55b26fe0.jpg

2013-09-15165446_zpse5117186.jpg

2013-09-15165435_zps733b7eed.jpg

2013-09-15161935_zpsf796e647.jpg

2013-09-15144631_zps5e871131.jpg

Got a few short video's too, apologies for the sound it was very windy!

Aircorp Casa's and PC-9's:

th_video-2013-09-15-14-41-14_zpsfd3d8fc6.jpg

A380:

th_video-2013-09-15-16-57-29_zps21223c28.jpg

B17:

th_video-2013-09-15-15-42-51_zpse5f95f00.jpg

it was a fantastic day - myself and 'she who must obeyed' went and got a spot at the quay side beside hammond lane scrap merchants. we were allowed on board a french cargo ship and had a great view from the deck. the aer corps did us proud with a fantastic fly past and the favourite of the day was the B17 ...the only thing missing was Arthur - but we found him on the way home!!:cheers:

Edited by heirflick

An excellent afternoon, especially as the weather remained kind. Pity some of the smaller craft couldn't partake due to the wind but there was a great selection of 'heavies', culminating with the A380 of course. I can see great potential for Tara Junction, Amiens Street, Kirley Jct etc having scale models hanging from the ceiling!