Open House Dublin 4th-6th October 2013

Rate this topic

flange lubricator

Open House Dublin 4th -6th Oct 2013

This event which is organised by The Irish Architecture Foundation on the first weekend of October every year opens up buildings around Dublin City to the public , this year event covers 100 buildings highlights from a transport viewpoint are .

1. The Directors House Broadstone Railway Station by John Mulvany.

2. Connolly Station .

3. Donnybrook Bus Garage.

The highlight for me last year was undoubtedly Donnybrook Bus Garage by Michael Scott completed in 1952. The tour was made even better by the insightful and informative Dublin bus staff giving the tours, if you want to find out what Donnybrook bus garage and Sydney Opera house have in common then go along and find out . Also some persevered buses are on display.

All events are FREE check out http://www.openhousedublin.com

Judging by the times I should be able to get Connolly and Donnybrook garage in on the one day. Must bring the camera, fantastic opportunity to get some otherwise unseen views!

My strategy is to get early before my peers get jaded and fed up. Also an excuse to relive student life with a couple of early sups afterward. Innaugaral meet of Scratchers & Kitbashers Anonymous. [ dont mind scotts bus depot fran, its the top floor of busaras you wanna see!]

My strategy is to get early before my peers get jaded and fed up. Also an excuse to relive student life with a couple of early sups afterward. Innaugaral meet of Scratchers & Kitbashers Anonymous. [ dont mind scotts bus depot fran, its the top floor of busaras you wanna see!]

Sounds good to me man, old buses in attendance at Donnybrook though apparently. all three could be tempting but the stool in Neds might just win out for me!

• 2 weeks later...