Georges Workbench

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

• 1 month later...

Some more bits on the go over the past while.

6 SSM flats, all soldered,the bell container sets them off

493_9372.jpg

493_9357.jpg

493_9358.jpg

Dapol 15 ton Crane and made up jib carrier. nice little model this one despite gluing the jib Back to Front I managed to recover it!! Despite modelling for years always read the instructions!!

493_9359.jpg

493_9360.jpg

493_9361.jpg

493_9362.jpg

493_9363.jpg

other bits not really related, a fit of my Dads Paddler, Waiting on rigging and turnbuckeles for the mast to finish and an Airfix beam engine which I hope to motorise it.

493_9369.jpg

493_9370.jpg

Hi George

A serious range of models in those photos- Eclectic!

I have a Stuart live steam beam engine kit that your photo reminded me of, its somewhere in the dark recesses of the attic, it's probably hiding with the SSM 'Irish' J15 kit also! as hethinks I might get around to doing it one day...

Eoin

Edited by murrayec

Superb George, great weathering and you put on ALL the iso locks, some patience. Just showed the photos to my young fellah and he thought it was the real thing for a second!

All soldered Des. Between that and filing off the little brass tags to make them sit lever, Sweet lord the mind was nearly gone.

• 1 year later...

Some more items on the go,

MIR Class 80, thought this would be a simple enough thing to build but it is a lot of work TBH. Much more than i had envisaged. I have the Motor end nearly complete now and it is in Primer.

Fertisilers are from MIR

E Class is shapeways and Mayners Brass Etch. This is nearly complete, Just a coat of Varnish and then the Glazing.

Ploughs are from Des's Workshop.

Thats Really it for the past year. I have a few things I need to Kill off Especially someones Mir 071 which I have 70% done, just need to stick the lights in.

503_0331.JPG

503_0327.JPG

503_0328.JPG

503_0329.JPG

540_4062.JPG

540_4063.JPG

540_4068.JPG

540_4069.JPG

540_4070.JPG

540_4071.JPG

540_4064.JPG

540_4065.JPG

540_4066.JPG

540_4067.JPG

540_4088.JPG

540_4089.JPG

540_4090.JPG

540_4091.JPG

540_4092.JPG

540_4093.JPG

540_4094.JPG

• Like 4
  • WOW! 2

Wow George that's a great line up of your typically superb work.  The finish on the plough is fabulous.  The master at work. :tumbsup:  Looking forward to watching and learning from this space.

PS: I am lucky enough to own four of the exquisitely weathered MIR orange Cement bubbles built, painted and weathered by you.  They inspired me to 'have a go' at modestly weathering my newly arrived IRM wagons.  

Heres the Latest purge in Clearing the Decks. Coupe of Jim poots Buses, These are normally simple models by The few I had here were the poorest I've seen, the roof were sagging, Needed Brass rod to straighten , Bodies were twisted so the glazing did not fit. In the end I think I got there and can consider these done. A Quick few snaps of them here.

566_6667.JPG

566_6668.JPG

566_6669.JPG

566_6670.JPG

566_6671.JPG

• Like 4

Next one up is a Shapeways Bus Eireann Jobbie. This was as usualy was a buggar as it had the Sandpaper finish. I tried something different here with Mr Surfacer thinned down with Cellulose and brushed the mix over the plastic. It is hard plastic so did not melt or distort. I did one side at a time and sanded them down as best as possible without loosing the little Detail there was.  I just might spray the White line again as it looks to be a bit too yellow or it is my eyes playing tricks on me.

566_6672.JPG

566_6673.JPG

• Like 6

Finally I got given a 4 x 2 baseboard about 2 years ago by Tim Cramer (He was doing a French Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge Line dio but it came to Naught_ so during a nice Summers day this year cobbled together another 4 x 2 boards for my Southern Region 3 rail layout (I would of been Quick to start from Scratch try to get rid of all the cork he laid and glued with contact adhesive)

Track is more or less down now the way I want it. I had to buy new cork tiles and of course the old ones I had stored must of been compressed a Gnats c.ck in height to tiny bump up to the higher level. I use a 4-4-2 Adams tank to check for dips and uneven track.

I need to build the fiddle year around the back (how many years will that take!!), Add a back scene to the far End, Work on the track electronics and ballast.

The Tunnel Entrance is Scales Scenes and pretty awesome it turned up too. I will have to Scratch build the road overbridge.

I managed to install a Cobalt IP on Sunday about an hours work. Nearly got sick when I read they you had to send address 198 to 'activate' them. I have a Dynamis unit + Pro Box ( I really Like them some don't) and it only goes to 100 for the Accessories Addresses (I doubt I will need more than that amount of Accessories) but it took a loco programming number written to it direct from the Pro box and hey presto it actually works. Delighted.

Inspiration is from Heathfield on the Cuckoo line in Sussex but of course with 12 ft length I have to Compromise.

cheers

George.

567_6713.JPG

567_6714.JPG

567_6715.JPG

567_6716.JPG

567_6719.JPG

downloadhf3.jpg

downloadhf4.jpg

downloadhf4.jpg

downloadhf3.jpg

imageshf2.jpg