Nelson's Workbench

Rate this topic

Dunluce Castle

Hello everyone,

This is my recently finished Dapol coach kit which has been painted into the UTA livery, although not 100% accurate it is close enough for me as I have no carriges to run with my engines.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13397[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13398[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13399[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry for the bad cropped photos, I only took quick shots, next to come over the next number of weeks are 6 more GNRI resin kits and a NCC U2.

Many thanks

Nelson

Nice 'Larne steeler' look-alike there Nelson. Remind me again please - what do you use for the straw/yellow lining? Been thinking of lining my UTA green LMS paneled repaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Here's my current project, it's the 6 GNRI wagons that I mentioned previously, these are being done as commissions.

So far 3 have been done and here they are (2 cattle wagons, 1 brake van) the other 3 (1 brake van, 2 coal wagons) will hopefully be completed this week then I can get round to painting them all at once.

The roofs havent been glued yet, I'll do that after painting them.

image.jpg

The eagled eyed among yous will notice that I've moved my workbench, I've still got he old one beside me and it will be used for heavy cutting and storing things, this one is at chest height and feels much better than the old one.

Many thanks

Nelson

Many thanks guys ^

Hello everyone,

Here they are, all 6 are now finished (2 GNRI brake vans, 2 SLNCR cattle wagons and 2 GNRI coal wagons) I will go over each one again checking for any parts that need to be touched up etc... Then they will be painted.

Once again the roofs aren't fixed down as I'll do that after they have been painted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Sorry for not doing an update sooner but work was rather slow due to the wonderfully hot weather that the country was having but it's started to cool done meaning I can now work :)

The 6 GNRI have progressed rather well and are now nearing completion, the coal wagons are complete, the cattle wagons just need their roofs painted and the brake vans just need handrails painted.

Last week I started on another wagon which is a LNER loco coal wagon, I'm rather happy with this one as I bought it off eBay for cheap but re painted and weathered it and I think it looks rather nice, the other one is a LNER 5 plank Cambrian kit, some of you may have remembered that I started this but never got the chance to finish it so I finally did.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson.

Thank you 33lima for your kind words.

I managed to get some work done tonight finishing off the brake vans and starting a new kit, this time it is the Cambrian LNER 13ton 8 plank wagon, I just need to fit the headstock/buffers and brakes then she'll be ready for painting, this one went together beautifully, no hassle what so ever.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

Thank you to all who have commented, I am honestly overwhelmed by your kind comments and support, (and not to mention all the inspiration that you guys provide) I believe that I wouldn't be able to do any of the above without any of you guys, so I thank you all very much.

Nelson, never mind the thanks etc. the truth is we'er all just jealious, & so we should be :tumbsup:

Hello everyone,

The 8 plank wagon is now in the paint shop and has base coats on, I will get a picture uploaded shortly.

I've started on another project which is also a commission and this time it's a model of U2 class "Dunluce Castle" from a mainline 2P locomotive, so far I've applied all the decals but they still require varnish, that hopefully will be done tomorrow, another thing I have done so far is modified the smoke box door, removing the clips, shed plate, number plate and adding a smoke box hand wheel, the wheel itself took 30 mins to make and it's made from 20tho plasticard, im really happy with it, the door still needs sanding in places then will be painted tomorrow.

image.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson

Hello everyone,

earlier today I finished off this commissioned model of a U2 locomotive "Dunluce Castle" an I have to say I am extremely proud of her and I hope her new owner is happy with it.

Apart from all the transfers, I added a new handrail, new smoke box door and steam pipe, added cab detail (although hard to see it is there) and lots of other small detailing parts such as the brush and frames under the boiler.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Many thanks

Nelson